Fireplace turning off after a few minutes (American Flame)

Hello,

Hoping someone can help here. I have an American Flame remote 4000HHS02. It appears that the remote and fireplace communicate every 10 minutes or so, and that overwrites whatever status it was in from the Bond.

For instance, this remote has three “states:”. OFF/ON/THERMO. When Bond turns on the fire etc, the remote doesn’t change. So if the remote is in off, and i use Bond to turn the fire on, after a short time it turns back off.

Anyone have any experience with this and have a work around? I was thinking I could just take the batteries out of the remote, however my wife prefers the remote.

Thanks in advance.

Can you please post your FCC ID (printed on the back of the remote)?

Here it is:

K9LAF3003TX

Thank you

The trouble is, the fireplace remote is designed to transmit a “keep-alive” signal. If the fireplace doesn’t receive it, it shuts off.

Details differ between remotes, but either we’d need to implement a “keep-alive interval” for a raw-recorded device or add this fireplace remote to our database (and implement the required keep-alive there).

@jacob for viz

What happens if you turn the fireplace on with the remote, then turn it off with the Bond. I assume the remote is still in ON mode and sending keep-alives. Do the periodic keep-alives from the remote end up making the flame come back on even after you sent the off command from the Bond?

Using two different controls (Bond/Remote) with a keep-alive function could introduce a dangerous situation in this regard.

1 Like

If I do this, it will stay off for a random time (usually less than 10 minutes) and then turn back on. Essentially it “pings” between the remote/fireplace and creates alignment based on what the remote is on.

I’m thinking I could remove the batteries and potentially get a different remote for the fireplace that just has a simple on/off button.

Thanks for the clarification. This bond device is amazing. Bought it for a ceiling fan, had no idea it would also do my shades in the master bedroom and my fireplace as well.

1 Like