Skytech 3001 K9L3001TX

I also have a remote with an FCC ID of K93001 TX. Mine is with a Heat-n-Glo fireplace. I had the same problem where if I did the auto-program, it detected RFP10 and would work fine in the test mode, but would not work once set. Once I did have it working, I found out about the “keep alive”. These threads helped me:

How I got this to work was to manually program each button. The key to programming it was to use the remote to put the fireplace in the mode prior to the mode that I wanted to program, so that when the BOND was learning, when I pressed the remote button, it would be going to that state.
So, to program “Off”, the fireplace had to be in the “On Thermo” state. To program 'On" , the fireplace could be in the “Off” state.
For the fan speed, which goes: Off->High->Medium->Low->Off,
To program “High”, have it in “Off”, so that it is changing to “High” when clicking the ‘Fan’ button
For “Medium”, have it on “High”
etc…
Then, I tested what I found in the other thread about the remote’s keep-alive. Sure enough, the fireplace would revert to the remote’s state when the remote’s clock hit 00/15/30/45 minutes. For that, it seems the solution is to remove the remote batteries.

I’ve only had this fixed tonight, and have not done extensive testing or use yet. But so far, so good.

2 Likes