Zshine Blinds on Amazon

I have some Zshine zebra shades from Amazon from China. On the remote for them there’s an option to open the blinds to 25% or 50% 75% but you have to hold the button down for 1.5 seconds to do so. Is there any way to record a 1.5 second button press on the Bond hub?

The shades use a YR2118B Transmitter. It also appears the frequency they use is 433.92MHZ ASK.

What would be the best way to get these to work with Bond Hub?

Did you ever get an answer on this or figure it out? I’m finding programming appears to work (test is good) but then nothing works after the test.

1 Like

I don’t think ASK is supported natively? (Assuming that’s what it is based on the label but haven’t confirmed.
Update: FCC documentation for YR2118B denotes ASK modulation)

Bond supports OOK, and some (G)FSK.

@merck – is that correct, or did I get confused on the modulation support at the software or hardware level?

“ASK” typically means OOK.

ASK = amplitude-shift keying, which usually means shifting between zero amplitude and transmitter full on… which is the same as on-off keying.

Ah. So those signals should be able to be recorded and replayed?
Have y’all seen these before and there is some other challenge to them?

Bumping this. I have mine kinda working, but the blinds have 3 presets. How can I program all 3 presets into Bond? So buttons are up, down, stop, preset 1, preset 2, preset 3.

Also, is there any way to make the blinds stateless instead of trying to remember the last position? If I open my shades with the oem remote I can’t close them with bond since it thinks they’re already closed.

Thanks!

Although we keep track of the state we last sent the blinds to, we do not gate transmissions based on state. If you ask to close, and they are already closed, we send a “close” signal anyways. (Except for limited cases with ceiling fan lights and the ill-fated “trust state” feature.)

Interesting thanks! What else could explain my shades not closing when the down button is highlighted green in the app?

Question from user of similar remote using tuya app w/o any hub to control my panel blinds. Have you tested the compatibility of your shades with tuya app?

I don’t think my shades have Bluetooth or WiFi - just RF so wouldn’t expect tuya to work.

Here is my control and a screenshot of the tuya app

Interesting! Did you get your shades from Amazon?

And are you using BLE or WiFi?

Yes from amazon and has a WiFi motor but the control shows RF, so it seems to be able to be controlled both ways.
Graywind panel blind

In addition, I have the full % range option to set on the slider when controlling with Alexa.

• We only support a 0.6 sec recording.
  • I would suspect that after one and a half seconds the signal it’s sending actually changes so you may not need a 1 1/2 second transmission we just need to know what the signal is after the long press.
1 Like