Yo-Yo lights on Hampton Bay

I just set my fan up today and I am having some issues. In the app I have two identical buttons that say “Down Dimmer” and two that say “up dimmer”. My fan does have both down and up lights. But why two buttons for each? For now though lets just talk about “down dimmer” since the up bulbs are burnt out and the fan is 20 feet up…

If I press either of the two “down dimmer” buttons the lights go dim then bright again. I know on my fan’s native remote I hold the “down light” to adjust brightness, and it goes from full dim to full bright as I hold. Is there some timing that I was supposed to adjust in Bond that tells it how long to press to get to any dim level?

FCC ID is CHQ8BT7078T and I have it set up as a A1a as I didn’t see this FCC ID in the list.

Hey @uberlieb

I’m Endy, one of the mobile developers, and will try to help you!

In the app I have two identical buttons that say “Down Dimmer” and two that say “up dimmer”

About having two identical buttons, the reason is that some A1 remotes only work with one of the two dimmer buttons. Good to hear that your device works with both!
What you can do to avoid the “visual pollution”, is remove one of the commands. Here are the steps to do it:

1. Open the device remote screen (the one with all the action buttons)
  2. Tap the 3 dots icon on the upper right corner
  3. Select the Edit commands
  4. On the Edit commands screen, tap the button you want to remove
  5. Confirm the removal

You don’t need to be afraid about removing the wrong button, since you’re using one of our templates, you can restore all the defaults command on the same screen. You may need to scroll down the screen to see it, but there is a Restore defaults button in the bottom center of the screen.

Is there some timing that I was supposed to adjust in Bond that tells it how long to press to get to any dim level?

Actually, the app behavior is a bit different. When you tap the “down dimmer” buttons the Bond starts transmitting the dimming command, and the tapped button changes to “Stop” and will starting “pulsing”. Hitting again the button (now named “Stop”) will make Bond stop transmitting the dimming command and the light will stop dimming.

We found an issue where the dimmer buttons were not changing to Stop, if that is your case, there a simple workaround to fix it by now while a new firmware version (with the fix) is prepared to be released in the next weeks.

1. Power cycle your Bond Bridge (Turn off, wait 5s, Turn on back again)
  2. Open the app (or close and open back again if was opened)

FCC ID is CHQ8BT7078T and I have it set up as a A1a as I didn’t see this FCC ID in the list.

We’re always improving our remote database and would be great to include yours.
Please use this form to send us all the needed info to add your remote.

Good to mention that you can keep using the A1 template if it is working for you. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Let me know if that helped and you can dim your device as expected now.
Best,
Endy