I purchased the bond hub to help control a large, industrial styled, consumer ceiling fan in our living room. The hub responds to my use of the remote to record the buttons, but I have not found a single button that actually works when I test the recording of it.
I’d be happy to provide any debugging information if there is anything available.
What I Tried
- I did go ahead and test that the bond hub works by programming a fan in another room from a different manufacturer and it did work for it
- I tried recording different buttons
- I tried pressing the button multiple times and long pressing it
- There is a switch in the battery compartment for winter/summer and I tried it both ways
- The remote seems to understand if the fan is off or on, so I made sure what I was recording was in sync. i.e, I turned the fan off with the remote, then I recorded the power on button
- EDIT: Per this thread, I also have tried recording the command from further away