V3.19.x-beta Firmware for Bridges

No change this end unfortunately. It sees my wifi network but still get the orange ring. I tried the green reset as an additional step and I get the following message on app. The Web Interface was no joy either.

REMOVES HOMEKIT SUPPORT

Should have been added to release notes

I’ve reset to latest stable again. Hit me with another beta :slight_smile:

Was not intentional, may have brken. Thanks for the report.

Let me know if you need logs

(Caps were to warn others not yell)

1 Like

Are there particular remotes supported or are they mostly the same so worth trying it out? Not that I won’t try applying the beta update, just curious.

To my knowledge it should work with all RF motors from Alpha Motors. But, we may yet discover that there’s different flavors of the protocol. Really excited to finally have Alpha support and hear your feedback!!

1 Like

That’s good news.

Unfortunately I got excited and took the plunge, but my bridge is stuck on the white ring and unreachable… :frowning:

Tried pulling the plug after some time… No luck.
Tried connecting to the ip in a browser… No luck.
Tried using a different mobile device to access the hub… No luck.
Tried changing to my 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network on my phone… No luck.
Changed my 2.4GHz channel from 11 to 7 on the router… Still no luck.

About to try holding the reset button in with a paperclip.

If your Bridge has serial starting ZZBL or ZZCC, and you’ve got 2, 3, or 4 LEDs stuck on White—this is a hardware issue.

If you are referring to what is termed the Bond ID in the app, mine starts with ZZDE :crossed_fingers:
Also, inside the white ring are 4 LEDs

Holding the paperclip in did not produce a green light indicating the Wi-Fi reset, so not sure…

Hmm. Maybe ZZDE also impacted by this hardware issue. Checking here if that’s the case. Anyways, next step is to try a rescue reset as described above. Probably going to need an exchange via our Customer Support team. I know it’s way past the 1-year warranty period but we usually offer exchanges in this circumstance. Sorry for the inconvenience here.

No worries, let me try the rescue reset

1 Like

@Krustyjonez We did some experiments here yesterday trying to reproduce but even with 50 RTS shades with 200 schedules it boots fine on the beta. Maybe if you tell us something about your setup (what kind of motors, if you’re using sidekick, etc.) we could figure out how to repro.

If you get everything set up again on stable firmware, you can take a backup and share with us. That backup file could let us repro and fix the issue in the beta firmware so you can update again with confidence. (And worst case, you’ve got the backup.)

No luck I’m afraid. The full reset went through fine and I got the bridge back online (with no devices), but when I chose to do the firmware update to the latest beta I got the same error, which I now realise I forgot to mention was a communication issue (error 108).

I’ll do the reset again and reload my last backup. Note to self, no need to rush around in a blind panic trying to find the backup files, they are available in the app on my phone, even if the bridge has been reset :slight_smile: Will post in the backups topic from a few years ago to check on the location of the files.

Not sure how much help I can be for the next few days… might be next week before I can look at it again if you want to try and troubleshoot it further.

The restore of a backup I took a few years ago brought all my devices back in, but I can’t seem to operate them. They are all Somfy motors. I can post a separate topic if you prefer… I won’t get to look at this again for the rest of the day, need to go to work :frowning: Happy for any assistance, but no stress, I still have the remotes I can use.

Question: when you did that second update, had you already restored the backup? Or was it an upgrade on an empty Bridge?

I’m trying to figure out if this issue you’re seeing is due to the content of the database, or due to the new drivers not liking your Bridge hardware for whatever reason.

Empty bridge. While I didn’t think of it at the time, I would expect the factory firmware wouldn’t be able to restore a backup, or is that an app feature? Happy to try again if you think it will help.

You’re right. Only very recent Bridge models (BD-1720/1740) have factory firmware new enough to have the backup/restore built-in. But still it’s possible to load v3.17.4 (stable), restored backup, and then upgrade to beta.

OK. Current hypothesis is that some of the BD-1000’s we’ve shipped over the last 5.5 years have some different WiFi module variant (combination of microcontroller revision, flash chip, and RAM chip). Maybe some of those are incompatible with the new drivers we’ve loaded but are not in our current Q/A test suite. Will do some spelunking in the office basement and see if we can repro.

1 Like

If there’s any way for me (or you) to work out the wifi chip I’m using, just let me know.

I have also experienced the white ring after the lastest beta firmware update, thankfully was able to use a backup I made to restore after going to the stable firmware version after a total reset. Something terribly wrong going from v3.19.2 to v3.19.3.