Somfy Shades "My" button Google Voice command

Hi, I just bought and set up a Bond hub - works like magic!
I had a quick question: When I set it up with my Somfy Shades, it correctly identified the product and created 3 buttons ‘Open’ ‘Close’ and ‘My’.

I can easily control Open and Close via voice: ‘Ok google, open/close shades’ but I don’t know how to invoke the “My” button. I typically press the my button to stop the shades as they roll up or down. Pressing the virtual button in the app works, as does in the remote, but I don’t know how to invoke it via Google Assistant. Any ideas? This is not a preset - it just pauses it.

I can’t create a google routine because for some oddball reason, it only allows me to control lights/plugs and thermostats (and the custom routine requires me to know the name of the button, which I don’t)

Do any of these work?
I don’t have Shades (yet) but that’s an old suggestion from some Bond staff.

Happy to play with this over the weekend if you don’t get it working… and I remember to test this :slight_smile: I’m sure I have setup the Bond App to link with my Google Home setup and then control my Somfy roller blinds, but that may have been through my Hubitat Hub…

1 Like

Perfect! That was it! “Hey google, set shades to my” → both completely illogical (semantically) and logical (state wise). All I had to do then was to overlay a custom google routine on top called “pause shades” and “stop shades” that would in turn call this abnormality.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Nice solution! Great workaround for the very limited smart home skill abilities. (We’re not able to do much else besides adding synonyms for “my” like “favorite position”.)

2 Likes