Smartthings (Samsung Connect)

If your remote has a hold-to-dim button without an LCD screen, it most likely does not support being set to a particular brightness. (Limitation of the fan’s RF protocol, not a Bond limit.) — You can just adjust brightness by holding down the button in app or on the remote.

That’s not what I’m asking for. The premade controller that you guys have for my remote has the ability to cycle through different light brightness levels. However, this particular button isn’t an option when creating a custom remote by programming it yourself. I.e. I’m asking you guys to add the light button that’s available in the premade remote as an option when you make your own.

1 Like

We don’t offer the ability to record this directly as it would likely not work. The reason is that if the protocol is unspecified, the Bond doesn’t know how to “cut” the recorded buffer into discrete packets, which is necessary before we can transmit a “continuous” transmission.

Without this knowledge of where to cut the packet, a transmission might look like XXxXXxXXxXXx instead of XXXXXXXXX to the receiver, where X is a well-formed packet, and x is a partial packet, and would likely be interpreted as several distinct presses of the button. For “short” transmissions, sending XXx is fine, it sees the couple well-formed packets and responds, this is why your other commands work correctly.

Ultimately, we do know this remote’s protocol, I’ve just got to get this remote panel we offer in a local form for you. This one’s been more trouble than it should have been, I’m focusing on it now and we’ll get it for you soon.

2 Likes

My “Bond Bridge” Fans are now showing up in the Smartthings (ST) app and I can send one command to the fan from ST successfully. All following commands fail with the ST error message “A network or server error occurred. Try again later” The fan is controllable from both bond apps.

ST may actually be sending the commands and starting the fan, but because it believes the command failed, it shows the old state and isn’t sending the right command on the next press. For example:
ST shows the fan as off.
I press on, ST sends the ON command and the fan turns on, but ST is still processing the ON and eventually the ON times/errors out
ST shows the Fan as off. The Fan is on though, and a press of the button in the ST app simply sends another ON command.

Is there a way to fix this? Do I remove and re-add the fan? If so from smart things or bond or both?

Currently I have two fans controlled via bond bridge. The Bond device is controlled from a Google Home and Smart Things. Google home works fine. But smartthings isn’t getting responses as expected and not aware to state changes from the fans. I want to control the fan via smart things as it give me more flexibility, than directly from google home does.

Yes! It should be fixed if you:

1. Go to the SmartThings apps settings
  2. Go to “Connected Devices”
  3. Delete Bond
  4. Re-add the Bond device

This should make the integration behave as expected. I suspect this is a common problem, it should be seen by every user who got the Bond integration more than ~6 weeks ago. Please let me know if you’ve already tried this recently and you’re still seeing this behavior and I will troubleshoot further.

I’ve just been made aware that IFTTT is being pulled end of year and SmartThings is not supported in Australia according to your support team.

I have been using your hub for over two years and use IFTTT for scheduling. I am now on the new app and have updated firmware but note you have not reintroduced in-app scheduling.

So are you able to offer any suggestions post IFTTT for scheduling? If not it sounds like I’ve come to the end of the road with Bond which is disappointing.

Hmm… looking into this. The SmartThings integration should be available to you in Australia.

Hi Jacob

The comments from your support team relate to Support Ticket #30829

Thanks. Not sure why it’s not available to you at the moment, but I’m in communication with SmartThings about how to change that. I’ll keep you updated as things progress.

Thanks Jacob, appreciate your prompt action. :grinning:

I posted on the video demo, but this looks like a more appropriate place. Love the SmartThings integration! Just needs one tweak. We need fan direction control (winter/summer). Is that on the roadmap?

Hm… it wasn’t on the roadmap yet. As far as I know, there’s no controller that’d do the job well. I suppose we could expose another simple switch — so one simple switch for light, one for direction, and a fan controller — but that seems a little busy. I.e. three “devices”: “Bedroom Fan Light”, “Bedroom Fan Direction”, and “Bedroom Fan”. Would that give you the functionality you want?

I don’t know how we’d present it as anything other than “on”/“off” with the current available controllers.

1 Like

Maybe “Bedroom Fan Winter Mode” switch with on/off makes it more intuitive? Assuming you can’t add it to the fan speed controller.

That sounds pretty good to me! I’ll run it by the others tomorrow.

Yes, we can only choose from controllers published by SmartThings. I can request that they add fan controllers with direction.

FYI for anyone who might have previously had this problem. We were able to identify and fix this issue, our SmartThings integration should now work for you.

1 Like

This is available now!

2 Likes

How do I activate it in SmartThings?

Nevermind, I just went through the add device again and they showed up. Thanks for the quick turnaround!

1 Like

have you guys fixed the integration to smartthings from cloud device vs local device.

Help desk added a fan for me as when programming the fan on the bridge some of the buttons did not work.

the fan will not show in smartthings as they told me they are working on the problem for devices been added in the cloud to be implemented to smartthings

Just added my Somfy Patio Awning to Smarthings, but it shows up as an On/Off device instead of an up/down device like it is in the Bond app. Any idea as to what I can do to make it appear correctly?