Smartthings (Samsung Connect)

I agree that is a bit confusing, hopefully there are plans to make that a bit less confusing for others.

If you need a tester let me know! I am really looking forward to SmartThings working with the Bond Bridge so any help to make it happen faster I would be willing to provide!

1 Like

It’s been a month, any progress? What’s your release schedule?

Hello @redruM

The Smartthings integration was released as a beta, and it works with Smart By Bond only.
We are still working on some bug fixes and the bond bridge support.

Any update for bond bridge support?

Thanks for the reply. Are there plans to support devices that are not “Smart by Bond”? Assuming yes, do you have a tentative schedule, is the support weeks out? months out? Just around the corner? I won’t hold you to a date, but I’m curious when I should return to see if support is released.

Earlier this week in a different thread, @merck mentioned that there are issues at present which they are hoping to resolve with SmartThings, and then later a roll out of Bridge support.

Any update on how soon is “soon” for Bond Hub support? I have been hearing soon for a really long time on the SmartThings integration in general, so this has me worried it will be months to another year.

We do not have a timeline unfortunately.

Maybe it’s just me, but it looks like its working now

Yes, it’s working for fans and shades now. Fireplaces will come soon.

If you were an early user, and are getting a lot of network errors during use, you’ll need to reauthorize: go to “Connected Devices” in settings and delete then re-add the Bond device.

I still don’t see my fan listed in my Smart Things devices after signing into my Bond Home account. Am I doing something wrong?

@Theloneranger08, in the Bond app, under device settings, do you see a “local token”? If not, the device is not “offline” and is not yet supported in ST.

This is what I have in my app. Don’t see a local device Id. When I added my remote to the hub, I only programmed one button and then Bond asked me if I wanted to use one of the recommended controllers. I did that and it works well in the Bond app. If I set it up manually will it work with SmartThings? If not, what’s the timeframe for support?

WITHOUT DELETING your current device, set up a new device and manually record each button, bypassing the database link.
With very few exceptions, that forces a “local” copy of the device vs the “cloud” device it currently seems to be.

If that works for you, then you can delete the original device.

If not, respond here with your remote FCC ID so @merck and the Bond team can help further determine support options / timelines.

@residualimages thanks for the help! That did the trick. The only problem now is I can only toggle the fan light on or off. There is no option that I see in the manual commands to dim/brighten the light. My fan light is kind of odd in that even though it has two buttons, they both cycle from dim to bright when held down (no idea why they would design it this way). The custom remote I had earlier which didn’t work with ST had a dimmer command which worked with my fan light. That command isn’t an option in the manual list of commands though. Am I missing something?

Could you re-add the original device? Let me know when you’ve done this and I can look into which remote it is and see about getting a local version in to an upcoming release.

1 Like

@jacob here’s the remote that fully controls the fan. Thanks for all of the help!

1 Like

@Theloneranger08 that fan is a high priority. A few other users have this “D1” protocol remote. – It does work with the “raw recording” if you say no to the database results though.

Any way for @Theloneranger08 to add the missing dimming feature to his “raw recorded” version, @merck? (via API or in app with adding missing command, etc)

Just wanted to follow up on this. Being able to control the light brightness would be nice.