Sending continuous remote press

I have a motorised cellular blind that request a continuous press signal to either open or close, and as soon as I release the remote button the blind stops.

I have managed to add the remote (Simple Touch) to my Bond Bridge, and I can send a pulse signal to the blind, but it only moves ~1" and stops.

I have also successfully added the Bond Bridge to my home automation system (Indigo Domotics) via a API plugin, and I can control the blind from Indigo via Bond Bridge, but I had to program a trigger with multiple signals (~20) to either fully open or close the blind, this results in an annoying jerky motion.

Does anyone know how to send a continuous signal for a preset period, so as the blind closes or opens smoothly.

1 Like

And I also need this function, as well as a double-press to operate my gas fireplace, which uses Mertik Maxitrol electronics. Thank you

I’ll preface this all with the disclaimer I have no smart / powered blinds yet. Just a tinkerer who has some ideas to try until the Bond staff get a chance to weigh in.

I’m wondering if setting the REPS part of the signal via API could help a little to send 20 repeats of the single command to have less “jerky” motion.

As another weird workaround possibly, you could train a new “ceiling fan” device in the Bridge with manually recorded button presses of your OEM remote, for hold to dim (lower shade), hold to brighten (raise the shade).
Remove all the other unnecessary commands and see if it works in the Bond app.
Now, making it work in the API / Indigo might be a little more dramatic; previously I had used the older options available in an earlier version of the API to start a looping dim / brighten cycle via an integrated in-wall keypad, which was halted by pressing the button again whenever I liked the light level.

You can try manipulating the commands reps via the API as @residualimages linked. What that does is just retransmits, a specified number of times, the 0.6sec buffer that Bond Bridge recorded. So, reps = 10 would result in a 6 sec transmission. This works quite often.

Sometimes this still doesn’t work, because the 0.6sec buffer may not contain continuous packets. This is why we haven’t been able to make a smooth “hold-to-dim” or “hold-to-move” option for raw-recorded fans/shades. We’ve needed to write a custom script for each model that uses hold-to-X behavior (or rolling codes, etc.).

What worked for me was to not have the Bond start learning until I was already pressing and holding my remote’s button. Just keep pressing the button then activate the learning mode on the Bond.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes