Select Blinds - Classic Roman Shades [Bofu BF-305]

I’ve used this thread to add my blinds.com shades and couldn’t be happier. I remember finding this thread months ago and nothing seemed on the horizon but I really appreciate @merck, the other users and the work that went into getting this going.

I know this isn’t really the focus of this thread but I utilize Google Home and haven’t been able to find a command to set my blinds to the one preset position I have. On the Bond app, I don’t have any options for this either…

Other
Close Next | Open Next

Shades
Open | Close | Stop

The command, ‘Hey Google, Open/Close the shade’ works as expected but the command ‘Hey Google, stop the shade’ does not work it just proceeds to close the shade instead of stopping the motion.

Oddly enough, I just noticed that the command ‘Hey Google, Open/Close Next the shade’ does work appropriately but obviously this is more cumbersome than just stating a desired preset.

I use the Amazon Echo (Alexa) devices for home automation, so I’m not sure this works with Google Home, but I use the command “Alexa, shades to favorite” and they raise to the preset position. “Alexa, close the shades” closes them, and “Alexa, open the shades” raises them fully open.

During previous testing, I found that I could use several different, but similar commands to open the shades to the preset level by using the words “preset” and “favorite” in different shade commands. So, my suggestion is to experiment with the command wording to see what will work for Google Home.

Good luck!

1 Like

I just recently bought a Bond and have went through this thread and I really appreciate everyone’s testing and work on this. However ( :smiling_face_with_tear: ), I purchased my select blinds with the 16 channel remote as I have 8 blinds and unfortunately no option to manuallt choose a remote that I can tell and ones that come up are a dooya and allen & roth and those aren’t reliable. Any ideas?

Thge remote looks like this , but I see it probably is the same as the BF-305 just it supports 16 channels. I’d like to be able to just select that remote. Manual programming isn’t reliable either.

Any help from my previous post?

Hey @stcbus - I am sorry that I don’t have any blinds and cannot really help you troubleshoot that much, more than the steps you’ve already completed (auto matching doesn’t seem to be correct, and manually recording doesn’t seem reliable either). If you’ve tried auto matching several times from various distances of remote to Bond Bridge, and are still only getting matched with remote choices that are not accurate, it might be time to get some more official help.

Have you tried reaching out to Bond support chat in the Bond app, or emailing customerservice@olibra.io?
The Bond staff do get a chance to drop by the forums from time to time, but those official support channels are a good option if you need timely help.

I have several (12) Simplicity shades that are programmed to either BF-305 or BY-305 remotes. The BF-305 remote linked up with Bond very easily but I can’t get it to recognize the BY-305. Is there anyway to choose the template for BF-305?