SBB with wall switch

I have a couple of fans with the Smart By Bond universal WiFi remote. Those fans/lights are also on a standard wall switch. Can I set the lights to come on automatically if the wall switch is turned on after being in the off position? Not everyone understands the use of the remote and will at some point turn the lights off by flipping the switch. And then they expect them to come on when the switch is flipped back on. I have some Hue light bulbs in some lamps that have a default on state that you can set so if you do use a switch they come on. I think they do come on if the last state before power off was set to on. But if I turn them off with the remote and someone then flips the switch to off and back on they stay off.

Welcome, Greg! I’m thrilled that you’ve joined the Bond community.

As you noticed, we restore the previous fan+light setting, which is how all the remote control ceiling fan receivers have worked for decades.

But, that’s actually a pretty clever idea. It wouldn’t be hard to implement as an option. I’ve thrown it on our roadmap. We need to discuss internally, but I think it’s likely we could turn this around pretty quick.

One gotcha though: if the power goes out in your house, when it comes back on your lights will be on. Ok if its the living room, not so great in a bedroom. Probably this is why it was never done with the non-smart units where such a feature would require some kind of physical switch to enable/disable.

If you can add the default state to each unit the bedroom could be last state or off. So then power failure wouldn’t be an issue.