Proflame 2 Fireplace Remote

I ended up contacting Bond Support and was able to get it work. Below is what support sent me and these instructions worked, with a few caveats:

Can you try the steps below?

Please turn the fireplace ON before programming

It is important that you or the remote is next to the Bond when programming

• In the BOND application select the + (plus) sign.
  • Select Remote Control then choose your bond
  • Select Fireplace and set the location and device name and click Continue.
  • Select power OFF
  • Select Advanced Settings
  • Select Signal type and click Radio Frequency (RF)
  • Enter 315 into the frequency rectangle and select done. If there is existing data, please delete it first.
  • Turn OFF “Search Remote Database” and click save
  • Select “Start” and continue with the pairing process
  • When the system displays the test with just the button, test if it works. If so, click yes or this is my remote.
  • Click Done.

If it doesn’t record, please try steps again but this time repeatedly press and release the button.

I was able to get the remote to program using this and I did not have to remove the batteries from the remote to keep it working. I’m integrating mine with SmartThings and what I ended up doing was creating a virtual switch in SmartThings. I created an automation that turns the fireplace on when the virtual switch is switched on and then an automation that uses an Ecobee Sensor in the room to act as a “thermostat” for the fireplace. If the temperature of the sensor goes above the set point, the fireplace turns off, but the virtual switch stays on. When the temperature drops below a different set point, the fireplace turns back on.

I’m sure there are many different ways to do this, but by using the virtual switch my temperature automations that turn the fireplace on and off only worked when the virtual switch is on so that the fireplace wasn’t turning on and off all hours of the day. The other advantage of this method was that I could keep the batteries in the Proflame 2 Remote and use that instead if I wanted. That way, if I have guests over or someone who isn’t aware of the automation, the fireplace status and Bond didn’t get out of sync. When I first got the Bond working with the remote, I had the most problems when the Bond and the Proflame 2 Remote were out of sync. If I turned the fireplace on through the Bond app, but the Proflame 2 Remote was off, after a short period of time, the remote would turn off the fireplace. The opposite was true as well, if the Proflame 2 Remote was on, and I turned off the fireplace through the Bond app, after a short period of time, the remote would turn the fireplace back on. Since implementing this virtual switch, I have had no such issues.

Also, with Alexa, my voice commands turn off and on the virtual switch instead of the device Bond creates within Alexa. If the voice command turns the Bond create fireplace device on, I had the same issue I was describing above. Haven’t had a single issue it since changing the voice commands to turn on and off the virtual switch.

Hope this helps! Let me know if there are any questions.

1 Like