Lag when controlling device

I have just recently got a Bond bridge device (v1 which was updated to v2 firmware)
I’m controlling a wall switch which I set with an RF command.
It looks like there are 2-3 seconds delay from the moment I send the command until the Bond device responds
It’s the same from the app and from Home Assistant which uses the Bond local AIP.
Is this expected? is there any way of making it respond faster?

I’m guessing you had to manually record this wall switch versus having it found in a template.

One of the Bond staff was able to drop by the other day and explain what is going on with very early Bond Bridge models and generic devices having a delay.

1 Like

Really? I’m curious where you bought it?

We haven’t sold the 1-st generation Bridge from our official channels in 2+ years. We still support it on the apps & backend, but we just announced last week that we will not be providing more firmware updates for it beyond v2.x. (The 2nd-generation Bridge should have a longer active support life.)

You are right, it was manually recorded and that thread seems to explains the delay. thank you!

I just got it 2nd hand, it was still wrapped up and brand new :frowning: had no idea this was 1st gen. Anything I can do with that?