Home Decorators - Emery Ceiling Fan Speeds

(Pulling this detail out of your last post, @Cleanev , to keep it simple for future folks who might end up in a similar boat :slightly_smiling_face:)

Thanks Matt. I understand to keep this simple between two different fans.
Best

@endy - is there any way to add missing 7, 8 & 9 speeds with a different template?

I just shared this link with our Remotes expert.

While we wait to hear back from him, you can create a ā€œRaw Recorded Ceiling Fanā€, where you record manually every remote command, and see if you get a better result.
To do it, just tap ā€œRecord remote manuallyā€ when you get the list of suggestion remotes.

Let me know if I can help you better :slight_smile:

Not sure that I recall manual recording exposing Buttons / Commands for speeds higher than 6 by default?

Not that other (unused) buttons couldnā€™t be leveraged for 7, 8, and 9, but Iā€™m wondering if there could be a flow in the Bond app ceiling fan (and maybe fireplace) device add / setup, particularly for Manual recording, but maybe also for Database searches, where the user is asked ā€œwhat is the max speed numberā€ and the deviceā€™s max_speed property is configured for that?

1 Like

We do support up to speed 8 already, but your idea of customizing it is great.
Shared with the team.

Good to mention that the Remotes expert is working on something else right now, but this thread is in his todo list.

1 Like

Thanks, Endy, itā€™s been a hectic day and I didnā€™t get a chance to double check my (incorrect) memory until now - but I see you already checked for me, and with a screenshot too! :grin:

This looks like a very attractive approach to overcome shortages with hard coded templates which does not handle fans that come with or without light option installed but have the same remote. In my case I have always a phantom light rediscovered on 1 fan that has the option not installed and warns me that the new device is not assigned yet to a group and not reachable in my Alexa automation.
Add-ons or subtractions to existing templates at the invocation level is highly desired.