Firmware 4.4.4 beta

Whatever you do, do NOT download this firmware. I did that earlier today and my Bond Bridge Pro completely stopped working. It kept turning off and on again no matter what I did. Finally after many attempts I was able to put on the “Stable” firmware but now of course the Homekit Integration is spotty. Finally with 4.4.3 everything seemed to be perfect. Should NOT have gotten greedy and installed 4.4.4 beta!

After having the issue above I did a factory reset on the Bond Bridge Pro and installed the stable firmware. No more issues with the unit constantly going offline and online every 30 seconds. Yesterday I installed firmware 4.4.4-beta to see if my issue was a fluke. So far … working fine without issues! Fingers crossed it keeps working.

Ok, glad it’s working better, but we are also seeing some issues with HomeKit stability on v4.4.4 and have not gotten to the bottom of it yet… will definitely update here when we have some clear signal that we’ve improved it.

1 Like

NOTE: No relevent change in v4.4.6. Changes related to other integrations onyl.

Should I install it or hold off?

There is no need to update.

Should I install 4.5.4 beta?

Yes. It should now support Troy + HomeKit better, though honestly there are still some issues in the HomeKit implementation that we have yet to get to the bottom of.

I installed beta 4.5.6. Seems to be working fairly well. Occasional (rare) glitches and slowness but overall better. Oddly, I checked firmware upgrades and it’s showing current as 4.5.6 and latest upgrade as 4.4.7.1 and offering me to “upgrade” to what seems like an earlier version.

1 Like

We ended up releasing to stable a version (v4.4.7.1) that is behind the last beta (v4.5.x), because of some stability issues. However, for your case, you should stay on the v4.5.x. — We are trying to balance different use-cases and get them to all play on the same firmware. It’s getting tricky, but we are not giving up yet… just still will take more testing to get the v4.5.x branch out to everyone.

Ok. Thanks for letting me know. Also let me know if you guys make any progress on the RC300 fireplace remote.

Thanks!