Does Bond work with Hunter Douglas Powerview?

Hey there.

I just bought some new blinds, due for delivery next month. The motor will be HD Powerview (with ‘the Pebble’ remote… I think)

Bond worked fantastic with the Somfy motor for my blinds in my old home… does anyone know if it’ll also work with Powerview (without me needing to drop $250+ on the PV hub)?

I looked at a sample remote, and also looked at documentation I could find online but unfortunately no sign of any kind of FCC ID so I could check the frequency…

Any help appreciated.

Thank you!

I’m thinking it’s unlikely - if this random searching hit upon the correct FCC ID.

2.402-2.48 GHz / Bluetooth

I’m sure my old Somfy was apparently not within the right frequency range but it still worked; also, someone on Reddit alluded to - but didn’t say directly - having PowerView working with Bond. So I’m still trying to be optimistic :grimacing:

Thanks for tracking down that info though, much appreciated

I got the Powerview Gen1 hub yesterday that we discussed in another thread.

Once my blinds were paired with the hub I literally had automated control of triggering scenes within minutes using the API that someone posted here:

I tried to find this same document on Hunter Douglas’ support site but have not been able to.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this. Do you know the benefits of G2 over G1? Is it just that G2 supports Alexa, Google Home etc out of the box, whereas you can achieve pretty much the same with G1 + this API?

I really don’t know all of the differences between G1 and G2.

The guy at HD tech support insisted that G1 didn’t support “integration”, so maybe by their definition integration means integrating with things like Alexa and Google Home directly?

If you have any other system that can recognize Alexa/Google Home commands and then formulate a web query to the hub’s API, it would work. IFTTT or triggercmd maybe?

Just out of curiosity. Why does Bond not support the Hunter Douglas frequencies? Design decision, hardware limitations, licensing issues? Thanks.

If that’s the correct data, then 2.4 GHz is outside the hardware capabilities / frequencies of all Bond Bridges.

Limited market (because HD seems to do a great job with their PowerView), and it’s trickier on the software/hardware side to do Bluetooth control of arbitrary stuff vs old-school RF where the protocols are easy to retransmit.