Does Bond work with Bliss Automation?

I’m considering getting blinds from Bliss Automation Does anyone have any experience with this product? TIA

Welcome, @oakweb !

I do not know personally.
Not sure if the BOND staff have seen this in their lab yet?

From the linked website you provided, this is partially hope-inducing (though BOND Bridges don’t really have bi-directional support as far as I’ve seen):
BLISS™ Motors use radio frequency (RF) to communicate. RF is the most effective telecommunication technology. BLISS™ runs on a frequency of 433.92Mhz and is bi-directional, which means that control and position information can flow from a controller/bridge to the motor and from the motor back to a controller/bridge.

There is also this PDF of the remote – which indicates a pairing / unpairing process (thinking that’s going to be a more involved rolling code or the like).
Finally, they mention a BLISS Bridge (FCC ID : 2AU29AMPRFWIFIUSB).
Looking up that FCC ID, I found 2AU29AMP15REMV3 appears to be for the same or similar remote (therein are reports that the Modulation is FSK - and FSK Modulation is a per-device level kind of support from BOND, historically).

EDIT: Likely supported because it’s mentioned in the app (thanks @oakweb!)
–old comment–Unless some BOND staff stop by and say otherwise, or unless you contact BOND support via customerservice@bondhome.io, I would say it’s likely not supported, at least not yet.–old comment–

Oh, apparently they also have a Serial Port version of their Bridge in addition to the USB one I linked above.

I checked the Bond App and it lists those devices specifically so pretty sure it does.

Oh, you are wise, @oakweb

I meant to check there, but didn’t.
:sweat_smile:

1 Like

So just tried mine, and it didn’t detect the jog. Anyone have any ideas? The remote looks newer than the one they have in the Bond App

Can uou share a picture of the front of the remote, too?

We have tested with the remote pictured below, which has model number AMP-I5C-Remote, very similar to your “I5C- Remote”. I’d expect it to function.

Maybe try a button on the motor for pairing?

Our support team perhaps could help you as they deal with a lot of different permutations of these.

All good! my installers didn’t give me the USB hub. Once I got that installed, everything worked, including the app. Can’t believe they would try to just give me remotes and not the hub, but it’s all good now. Worked flawlessly. Thanks for all the responses!

Now if I could get the Bond Groups in my Hubitat Elevation, that would be great!

1 Like

The USB Hub from Bliss / AMP?

Anyways I still think you should be able to pull them into the Bond Bridge if you wanted to. Maybe I misunderstand.

here’s the remote

Just for a review what happened here -
Installers came out and gave me only remotes to work the blinds

I tried at this point to add the blinds to Bond, by using jog method. But it would not work

When I went to try the app (because you know, installers don’t know anything about this stuff) it would not work, it asked for a hub to be added before anything else can be controlled.

I then called the company and said “hey you forgot to give me the usb hub” it was then ordered and I received it and installed.

After install, the app worked, and then I tried Bond and it worked too.

So it’s similar to a Somfy remote and everything, but you need that USB hub to make it happen.

1 Like

Got it. Yes, almost all motors require a hub of some kind. Curious to hear your experience with Bond vs Bliss “hubs”. Anything that Bliss does that you wish Bond did?

For my use, Bond is the integration I use for Hubitat. The caveat is I can’t control positions, just open or close. From Hubitat I integrate into my panels, which gives the easy open or close access from any panel or phone. The app they have is sophisticated enough, I can’t imagine there would be much left for needs. Attached are some images.

More

more

more

more