Disable Transmit Indication on Light Ring when bluelight==0

hey @Trial_Master - silly thought, but as a stopgap until the Bond team is able to get us a firmware update, I am wondering if you noticed any performance degradation if you just flipped the Bridge upside down? Seems to block nearly all the ring light for me. Considering the vent holes are on the bottom, I don’t anticipate this being harmful for the Bridge (though I could be wrong).

Thanks for the tip. I’ll go try that right now :+1:

Has this functionality been released yet?

@merck can you please provide an update?

Sure. Sorry I didn’t post here earlier.

Our v2.21.4 release (9 Aug '21) included:

• Fix for “Bond wakes me up at night” – Now, when user turns the light brightness down to 0%, we fully disable the blinking on transmit (as opposed to blinking at 100%), and we show orange/spinning-blue diagnostic codes at minimum (as opposed to 100%) brightness.

EDIT: To expand on this a bit, let me say that we did implement a version of this with a bunch of options to allow user-customization, but it got too confusing and took too long, so we tabled it. We then came back and implemented the above change to the behavior, without adding any customizability beyond the already existing light brightness slider. We think the above is better for everyone than the old behavior, and I hope it works for you too @Trial_Master . Let us know.

@merck this sounds great. The Bond app say I’m on latest firmware v2.15.8.1?

You must have a 1st Generation unit. They unfortunately have some issues with the FW update so we have not shipped the new FW to “stable” channel. — However you can go to Bond Home app > Settings > Firmware Channel > Beta, and then you should see the update.

@merck What sort of issues am I likely to see if I select beta to download? If you didn’t push to stable channel I’m concerned :worried:

The beta firmware is actually quite stable. The problem is, that these 1-st generation bridges are prone to dropping off WiFi or even losing devices after FW upgrade. Reconnecting to WiFi usually fixes that, but the lost devices we don’t understand (it always works fine for us). Terrifying, I know. However, 90% of the time nothing bad happens. — FWIW, I’m using this beta version at home (v2.29.2-beta) on by 1st Generation unit.

The upshot is, this latest version supports the Backup & Restore feature. So you can make a backup in case something gets messed up. Or, you can restore to a new Bridge.

1 Like

Thanks for info @merck

Not to hijack the thread, but excited to see Snowbird / 1st gen devices are now able to leave the 2.17 nest!

Hi @merck

I finally got around to upgrading the firmware to beta and happily it went smoothly.

I’m now on v2.29.2.1-beta. I am still seeing the blue ring double blink on transmit? I have the slider still at off position. I have tried adjusting it up and then back to off but still see the double blink on transmit.

Any advice?

Kind regards

EDIT: Looks like SmartThings and Google integrations are broken now? Both show Bond devices as Offline. Is there anyway to roll the firmware back on Bridge?

I think I know the problem… Sadly the bluelight fully disabled works only on the 2nd-generation Bridges (serial numbers starting with Z), not with the 1-st generation Bridges (serial number starting with A or B).

Ah, that makes sense then. Maybe I should have left things as they were?

Chiming in. I’d love to fully disable all lights. My three year old freaks out when a light comes on because of wifi drop off and I’d love to have zero lights on the light ring as an option.