Bond Bridge v4.6 Firmware Now in Beta

Above I was talking about some logic that impacts whether an upgrade is available or not, but if the upgrade is offered but is stalling out, that’s an issue independent of the thread here so far. – Is this just happening on one ZZ unit?

It could be a HW issue with the flash, but I don’t think we’ve ever seen that outside of open-case engineering units.

Any progress on resolving this issue?

Yes, actually. The latest beta fixes an issue that we’ve had in BD-1000 v4.x firmware that caused all kinds of instability that we finally tracked down. It had to do with memory configuration rather than a specific coding issue, so it took a very deep dive to resolve, and we have finaly

1 Like

Thank you! That’s great to hear. I know these issues can be a major pain to track down. I appreciate your effort. I’m trying the latest firmware now and will let you know how it goes.

Regarding HomeKit, are you still working on improving the integration and its stability? It’s gotten better but I still run into issues where the Bond Pro goes into a weird power cycle turning itself off and on with the only remedy to turn off HomeKit integration on the bond app and ultimately do a factory reset of Bond Pro to re-connect to HomeKit. This happens every few months. Just happened today.

[…] HomeKit support. Too complex for us to support. Hoping we can bring in Matter for native Apple Home integration in the future, but Matter is—at least right now—also very complex from a development perspective.

Sorry, David, but there’s been no change here. We are just not able to support HomeKit properly before eventually bringing in Matter. The third-party SDK that we are using for HomeKit support is now totally unmaintained, so we cannot really bring anything new there.