Automating Fireplace

Hello, I have a fireplace added to my Bond that I am successfully able to control. However, I do not see an option to schedule anything for the fireplace. Is this possible?

1 Like

Hi @gambit07 , welcome to the Bond forum!

For safety reasons, we do not support schedules for fireplaces in the app.

Maybe you can achieve this using an integration, like Alexa or Google Home, but keep safety in mind.

2 Likes

Do you think that’s really necessary? Don’t all fireplace setups controlled by a remove already include safety timers/shut downs? I know mine does.

I’m not sure of the model for this fireplace, but it does not have an auto shutdown that I’ve encountered so it would have to be longer than 24 hours. Thanks @endy, I did set this up through google assistant shortly before you responded and it has been working great.

2 Likes

So to confirm - I can’t use API to turn on fireplace - only turn it off?

Thanks

You can turn it on or off, I just used Google Home

You can use the API to turn it on, but you can’t use the schedules for it.

Hi Endy,
Thanks for coming back to me! The App works perfectly with the commands, the API command “turnOff” works perfectly as well but “turnOn” doesn’t. Could be my implementation it looks a lot more like a safety feature (which is OK -but I can stop wasting my time trying to make it work).
Thanks again

Hey @freshwuzhere ,

Can you please share the device template (if it is a template one), or your Bond ID so I can check on the logs how the commands are structured?

One thing that I suspect is that the “TurnOn” command/action doesn’t exist for your device, and you should be using “SetFlame” with an argument. Can you test it out, please?

Thanks