Alpha Shades 433.92 Mhz (Australia)

Hi,

I recently purchased a battery powered Alpha motor for a roller blind and am having trouble setting it up on my Bond bridge.

Remote

Type: RF @ 433.92 MHz
Brand: Alpha
Model: RE302
FCC ID: XFCWISTAR-RE302

Bond Bridge
Model: BD-1000
Bond ID: ZZxxxxxx
Firmware: 2.15.8

When I try to add the remote as a generic device my Bond bridge appears to learn / detect the button press ok, blinking green, but I cannot control the roller blind from the bond bridge / app. If it is of any use a couple of times I did notice the frequency detected by the bridge was slightly different, i.e. 433.xx where xx may vary.

Thanks,
Simon

Same issue here. Any luck at finding a solution?

No, I plan to contact Bond support, just haven’t got around to it. Happy for you to get in touch with them if you want.

First time we’ve seen this one. Too bad it doesn’t just work with the raw-recording.

It might be Somfy RTS under-the-hood. So, try the “Somfy” option and see if that just works.

If not, it might be a different kind of rolling-code, which means we need to specifically develop for it. That would take an undefined amount of time.

@merck

Here is the remote I’m using:

It appears to advertise “The Alpha remote control system applies a 66 rolling code program with 268 million possible combinations which virtually eliminates any chance of programming duplication.”

I’m assuming that would mean it’s not compatible with Bond?

I’m assuming that would mean it’s not compatible with Bond?

Sadly, you’re right.

Eventually we may be able to add support for this, but honestly it’s not on our near-term roadmap.

We’d love to open this up and allow the community to write drivers, but we’re not there yet.

1 Like

Fyi, this is the fcc filing for this remote. https://fccid.io/XFCWISTAR-RE102/User-Manual/User-Manual-3258440 Alpha is just a rebrand

1 Like

Thanks. We’re taking a look into this now. However the prospects are not good. It not only has a counter and prevents replay attacks, but also has some obfuscation of the rest of the packet. Could be as secure a as a garage door rolling code. Anyways… if we solve it, we will let you know for sure.

1 Like

Hi, it is possible to connect multiple remotes by pairing them together. By putting the remote in the clone mode. Is it possible to ‘fake’ this copy mode on the bond bridge and that way pair it as a new remote?

For Alpha shades? No. Alpha shades use a rolling code which protects against replay attacks. That means that a cloned signal will be ignored if it was already processed by the receiver in the motor. Will require us to reverse the rolling code.

Thanks for looking into it.

I’d love to make a donation and buy a bond home if this would be possible.

Hi,
Any chance for solution?

Hi Dima, Unfortunately after looking into it, Alpha support is not something we will be able to offer in the near future.

I would encourage anyone who wants to see Alpha+Bond support to reach out to Alpha motors and explain very kindly that you’d like to see this integration happen. That could help make it happen :slight_smile: .

1 Like

I have a ‘hub’ like thing from alpha shades. I can put this in pairing mode and connect multiple single remotes to this one. After that I can use that single remote to control the shades of the other remotes. All together, on one single shade. It’s this one:
RE203-8C wall mount - Alpha Tubular Motors USA (alphamotors.us)

Would it maybe be possible to copy the functionality of this into bond bridge?

1 Like

The trouble is, we don’t have a protocol specification for their RF signals.

What may help is sending a polite message to the manufacturer respectfully requesting that they consider compatibility with Bond Bridge. This is particularly meaningful when coming from dealers, but homeowners’ voices are also relevant.

1 Like

Good news! We have support for Alpha motors in v3.19.x firmware, currently in beta. The stable release is planned for Nov 15th, but some feedback on the beta would be amazing.

1 Like

After getting the new beta installed I was able to pair my Alpha motor. I have a WSRE301 remote for a battery powered motor.

The setup wasn’t the smoothest for me, it took a few attempts before it took hold, but I suspect that has more to do with me and the motor, rather than anything Bond can deal with, although… One tip is that, for my remote at least, the pairing (jogging) process was actually pressing the programming button multiple times in quick succession, rather than holding it down. It may be worth including some reference to this in the app during the pairing process.

I also managed to get it into (I think) the limit setting or My position setting mode somehow. It only moved in small increments when using the open and close, but that is the case at the moment for both the remote and Bond, so I suspect Bond is working fine, I just need to look up the manual or online for how get it back to normal.

EDIT: Item 4 in this PDF helped get me out of “Step By Step Mode”:

Overall very happy to have the last of my blinds able to be automated. Great job!!

1 Like

Hi All

I’m doing some motor with WSRE302 Remote

I cannot get the remote to pair to operate the blinds

it does had a “alpha” blind option to use this brand which im assuming was from the last firmware release.

I have control 4 at this job therefore trying to integrate them into that platform for the client.

Any ideas?

I managed to get them working thanks to sburke781

Bit of a pain with limit but learnt it was step mode - once it was out of step mode it worked fine.

3 Likes