After updating app, it can no longer connect to Bridge

My Bond connected devices stopped working, so I updated the app.
Didn’t help, so I reset the Bond Bridge (Original, Not Pro). It began flashing Green but the App wouldn’t connect, so I went in to my WiFi settings on my phone and selected the Bond Config Network, to which it connected. My phone is under 2 feet from the bridge, I tried to connect the app to the bridge. I see the Bond ID but it the status is Unreachable.
I don’t know what to do next.

1 Like

Hey @msantarc. Sorry for your trouble. Have you removed the bridge from your account by selecting the option “Forget Network Settings” and set up the bridge again through the app after resetting the Bond Bridge?

No I haven’t.
I just told my phone to forget the bond config network, reset the bridge, selected it in my network again and the bridge connected to my network just fine.
The app still says that it can’t find the bridge.

Since the bridge is flashing green, it was probably reset and it’s now in setup mode. By resetting the bridge it will forget it was connected with your account. You need to enter the app, remove the current bridge you had set before, and connect with it again using the setup flow in the app, the same you would connect the bridge for the first time.

I removed the bridge, set my phone to connect with the bridge,
I see the bridge in my app, it asked if I want to add it to my account, when I click yes, I them sure my phone to connect to my wifi, then I go back to the app &I can see the bridge but when I click on it it just spins till it times out & says that it can’t connect.
How can the so see the bridge enough to get the bridge id into the app but not enough to sign in?

this is still an issue. I’m hoping for more help???
Should I do a factory reset? Hold reset for more than 8 seconds?
If I do, then what do I need to do in the app?
Delete devices and reinstall them?
Delete and reinstall the app?
Something else???

Have you tried during business hours to use the Help / Chat in the Bond app?
The staff come through here as often as they can, and we community members also are able to help sometimes too.
But Support is the most real-time help.

Meanwhile, without doing any more resets on the Bridge, have you tried this suggestion, or did you have trouble following the steps?

Yes I did. Add I told rubinsHardt,

I removed the bridge from the app. set my phone to connect with the bridge WiFi,
I see the bridge in my app, it asked if I want to add it to my account, when I click yes, it appears in my app with the correct bridge id. The I set my phone to connect to my wifi, when I go back to the app I can see the bridge but when I click on it it just spins till it times out & says that it can’t connect.
How can the app see the bridge enough to get the bridge id into the app but not enough to sign in?

Mike

@msantarc Are you still experiencing the issue? I’ve tried to reproduce it using a few different scenarios and couldn’t. If so, let me know and I can debug the issue with you today if you’re available.

It is now working thanks.
I used the chat function and found that:

1. I was on an old firmware release and
  2. I needed to shut down the VPN on my phone
    At that point the new firmware loaded.
    Since I had done several resets
    Normal, green and finally factory
    I had to start over loading my devices, but it’s working just fine now.

Thanks

2 Likes