Supporting Rollerhouse motors

I have a bunch of Rollerhouse motors in my house (link on Amazon below). I have had a lot of success with them - very easy to retrofit into existing shades and very reliable.

I called customer service when I first installed them, over a year ago, as the Bond was getting through to them about 1 in 3 times. They told me at the time that they were not supported. I got around this by adjusting the reps to ensure that the commands get through. This is great for up and down, but not so good for the preset command as that is also the stop command.

I played around with different reps for this command. 4 or above causes the shades to start, then stop, then start and proceed to the preset position. Reliability is very high. Reps below 4 result in the shade sometimes getting to the preset position and sometimes starting and stopping and not making it there. I haven’t figured out exactly what is going on yet.

However, it would be nice if these motors were supported. Since it has been a year I was wondering if there is a chance to look at this motor and support it? Thanks.

I’d love to see support for Rollerhouse motors as well. I converted 10 existing chain loop pull shades with Rollerhouse motors last year and had to add repeated duplicate commands for each shade to Alexa routines or a few would not respond. Thanks much!
Julie Mandell

Can you share the FCC ID(s) of the specific remote control(s) you have? And/or model number?

Our records show that we heard of a Rollerhouse remote control made by Bofu, model BF-315, missing FCC ID. We did recently add support for BF-305. Unclear to me whether the BF-315 would also be supported. Worth another try.

@merck It is a BF-301, Freq 433.92. Is FCC ID on the motor? I can’t find that anywhere. Thanks.

The FCC ID is supposed to be on the transmitter (remote control), but some of these manufacturers do not do it apparently.

We’ll check here and see if we have a BF-301 or any additional info (FYI @guy).

Ok, we’ve never gotten a BF-301 here. Here’s what you can try:

1. Upgrade your Bridge to BETA firmware.

2. Try each of the templates below:

3. If one of these works well, let us know!

4. If not, then please try manually recording the remote. If you have it working, also let us know. We can read the codes out of your manually recorded device and use it to build a new template.

I do have the remotes recorded now and I am using this. As mentioned it is not perfect as the motors do not always respond. I increased the reps in using the command level process. Not ideal as sending multiple commands works well with up and down but not so well with the preset as this is the same command as the stop.

I will try the other remote presets as mentioned and let you know what it looks like. Thanks.

1 Like

@merck Hi, I just (finally) got around to testing this. I updated to the beta version and then tried to learn one of the remotes. It found a match with a Dooya remote. This did not work so I went ahead and recorded it manually. I have done some initial testing and it seems to be working well. I have three remotes in my room Home Office, Left Shade, Middle Shade, and Right Shade. This new remote I recorded as Test Left Shade. Should I re-record the existing left, middle and right shade remotes now and delete the test shade? Thanks.

Sure, you can delete the test shade. Glad it worked for you in manual (raw) recording.

@merck Just out of curiosity - what is different than the first time I recorded the remotes? Is it something in the beta setup as I didn’t use the templates. Thanks.

Nothing changed in the firmware AFAIK. — The raw recordings may vary in quality between recordings. Maybe you got unlucky with the earlier attempts?

@merck Should I switch back to non-beta or is it ok to leave it on beta? Thanks

You can stay on the -beta firmware. We are about to make it official anyways.

Can anyone confirm if the rollerhouse motors work well with bond these days? I’m struggling with the rm4pro, and would like to avoid spending much more without knowing.

Sorry @CallMeAl I thought I replied to this but never submitted. The answer to that so far is that they work mostly. If you record the commands they will work probably 1 in 20 times. You can alleviate that if you automating by sending the same commands more than once in a row to make sure that they got it. On my original bond hub I also altered the reps and this made it much better. This hub is running v2.29.7-beta and I have never moved it. I recently added a second hub that is running v3.8.4. Altering the reps does not work on this hub and I am still working through that. I am posting about that now.