Simplicity Blinds - Transmitter BY-305

@guy I am posting this as an FYI. I was able to get my Simplicity Blinds remote, Transmitter BY-305. The remote looks like this one I found on Amazon. The Freq is 433.92. I was able to program it under Shades>Other but it too many attempts. The scheduling works, but sometimes if we have last used the remote it seems, it will not fire under the schedule. @guy this is really an FYI to let you know in case you decide to support Simplicity Motorization. Seems like the button sometimes requires a double press. Not sure. In any event, hope this helps.

1 Like

So I am confused now when I found this Vista website which suggests maybe they make the motors for Somfy shades too? If so why aren’t the Simplicity ones supported by Bond as well? @guy we want to buy a few more Bonds but they are all for this same model Simplicity shade. I did put this in the request database. As mentioned in my first post the programming was hard so that is what is holding us back. The additional Bonds in different rooms would make them respond better. We have a lot of block wall construction. Thanks.

Thanks for the heads-up about Simplicity control issues. We do have BY-305 listed as fully-supported, and I believe it was working well with another brand of motor. Perhaps we can buy some of the same motors you have and reproduce the quality issue you’re seeing.

Can you please advise an exact model number for your motors, and preferably a link to where we can buy them?

I think this is very similar to this thread.. There is no FCC on the remote. I will inquire from the company that installed them but they are out of the office right now until Jan 18th. Thank you.

@merck I finally got the information here. The motor is the same as this Simplicity Shade Motor.

@guy I would love to buy another Bond for a room with three of these shades. It was super difficult to program a few of these. Not like the Somfy; had to do it manually. Any thoughts if these are now in the database and would be easy to program? Thanks.

@guy I don’t know if you ever added this to the database. I am going to buy another Bond to cover this room. I hope you have as if not I will return it. Using Amazon so I know that’s not great but never heard from the team on this.

@Stinsonddog - did @merck 's post from July '21 not work for your particular variation?

I know the last post in the thread was from a user having issues with BY-305 vs BF-305 and Simplicity, but wondering what the community can help the Bond staff discover with additional folks looking at this method of setup specifically outlined by Merck.

So I took my existing Bond in and reprogrammed two of the shades. The trick was to push the BY-305 first before starting the pairing as it seems to send two sets of instructions. NOW that said I did order the Bond and will add these shades as new and follow the link you sent and report back on how it goes. We live in a stucco house and the signal just doesn’t carry from room to room very well so I need a second Bridge. I’ll let people know how it goes after I get it.

1 Like

I got the new Bond. It worked to use the instructions with one caveat. At the point bolded below, when I choose Open the choice didn’t come up but when I chose Stop it did. Maybe because the shade was Open already. In any event the list came up. Now that said the option for no tilt only listed the BF-305 and mine was the BY-305 so I just chose that and deleted the tilt commands.

Also noted when I tried to change Wifi Networks it said there was an error and then reported them changed. So now it’s all good. Thanks.

Now add the shade:

• (+) button
  • Remote Control
  • select your Bridge
  • Shades
  • Other
  • Set location & name > Continue
  • choose a command > pick any one
  • now record your BF-305 remote
    *** You will get a few options, select the “BF-305” one (See image below)**
  • confirm that it works at the test screen
  • Success! You now have the new device added.
1 Like

Thanks for the report! Even with the caveats, seems like the template support is very much an improvement over the manual setup?

This is true. I am very happy with this and the grouping now.

Check the error on changing wifi though in latest firmware.

Don’t think I’ve seen that personally, but good to call out for when someone from the Bond team comes through and reads this thread.

I just added two more shades and confirming for people that the choices of programmed shades BY-305 ONLY COMES UP when you choose to program STOP, AND I had to choose the model that had tilt even though my shades don’t have tilt. I just deleted the tilt command.

Thanks for the further confirmation / details!