Somfy RTS / Minka Questions

good day everyone! I’m currently looking at buying a bond bridge - but wanted to confirm a few things first.

I currently have 5 somfy motors / shades, along with 2 awnings - all controlled by their RTS plug in wall module. I’m having issues with the plug in module getting a good wifi signal - while being in close enough proximity to send signals to shades and awnings. My wifi signals in the house are amazing - I’m thinking it’s an issue with the wifi radio / receiver in the RTS module.

can I easily replace the somfy rts module with the bond bridge? any caveats?

Second question about this scenario - I have a somfy DecoFlex WireFree™ RTS 5 Channel wall mounted device. I’m not sure if that sends signals to the motors directly or to the RTS - but will that device continue to operate if I replaced the RTS module with your bridge?

also - my house was built with several minka dc fans in the bedrooms. I originally installed z-wave fan controllers which minka said will not work properly with the dc motors. I read the bond bridge can control these fans. Is that the case? any caveats here?

thanks so much!

Don’t worry, DecoFlex is paired direct to your motors, it will keep working unless you unpair it or reset your motors (which Bond does not do automatically, it’s a process you would have to do manually.)

We think the Wifi on Bond Bridge works pretty well. If you really wanted to eliminate Wifi from the control path, Bond Bridge Pro is an option.

Yes. Check your WiFi network list for “Bond Config K…” to see if they are Smart by Bond. If not, you should be able to add them to the Bridge. Note that if the remote controls are “RC-1000” model, support may be limited until ~end of September when we bring this remote into the database. If it is RC400/500/600, we have good support already.

Thanks for considering Bond. We’d be glad to have you join us :slight_smile:

huge thanks for the quick reply Chris!

glad to hear that the somfy motors and the deco flex will continue to work without issue.

and I think I’d be good with the fans as well - I just looked at a remote and its and RC400.

I’m waiting for one more thing before I buy your bridge. I hate the unpredictability of the RTS protocol - and the fact that it doesn’t support two way communication.

I did ask my installer to see if I could change the somfy motors out for their zigbee compatible motors - and what that would cost. that would be my ideal scenario (I already own a Hubitat C8) - but I’m imagining that even if possible, it’s going to be a small fortune.

thanks again!

I hear you. However, Bond Bridge users’ typical experience with Bond + RTS is pretty solid reliability.

Do let us know how it works out for you. And note that one Bridge is required per 2500 sq.ft. covered. Your square-footage may vary :).