Smartthings integration

I’m now able to see and control my 2 fans in ST after upgrading to the latest beta :smiley:

EDIT: i only see one button for FAN and light control, and have to click it to change fan speed and light toggle

2 Likes

@feliperuhland Does the ST integration still only support Smart by Bond or does it support other devices now?

@danmandle, the “device duplication” issue (which is on ST side as far as we can tell) is currently blocking all reasonable use of the integration… but we do have support for bridged ceiling fans ready to go once that is sorted out.

1 Like

@merck - Is the lack of fan speed control via voice an ST issue?
This is the case when I connect Smart by BOND to ST and ST is connected to Google Assistant. Google Assistant does not report the device as a FAN from ST, just a switch.

So instead of connecting directly Bond <> GA, you have Bond <> ST <> GA? Sounds like an issue ST <> GA, because I do believe we use the ST “fan” device type.

Correct. I had Bond <> ST <> GA … Currently back to Bond <> GA as I prefer voice control of the fan and the new ST app is pure garbage. :rofl:

That works great
but i want to control the nest thermostat also

I have been having major problems with the SmartThings integration.

1. I receive network errors when I try to use a command, such as “turn on Den Fan Light” by using the button in SmartThings. Screenshot below.
  2. Status of a fan doesn’t show most of the time.

Yeah, this is happening to me as well. It looks like Bond keeps deauthorizing with Smartthings. I have to reauthorize it a couple of times a week. Not cool. Need a fix here Bond

I figured out how to fix this. I deleted the fans not working from SmartThings. Then opened the settings (The gear at top right) then scroll down to Integrations. Then click on BOND and you should see the fans. Then hit done. Your fans should be added to SmartThings App at the bottom and not associated to a room. That should fix the problem.