Schedules feature is now in BETA for Smart by Bond fans. We anticipate production release in ~2 weeks.
Please use the BETA version of the Bond Home app to upgrade your Smart by Bond fans or aftermarket kits to v2.14.6+ firmware.
Who does this apply to? Any Bond units with serial numbers starting with
Changes since v2.10.12
• now supporting native scheduled events • Schedule control of light and fan, including brightness and fan speed • works even if internet connection is unreliable • events can trigger at a specific time of day, or based on solar events like dawn, dusk, sunrise, sunset, and supernova
• make it easier to achieve full or minimum brightness with the factory remote's hold-to-dim button by introducing 1 second plateaus in the dimming curve at 1% and 100%
• improve reliability and speed of cloud connection setup and firmware update success rate (via DNS optimizations for networks that provide faulty DNS servers via DHCP)
• support _m field in HTTP body to override HTTP Method. Useful for restrictive HTTP client libraries that don't permit PATCH. • leave request bodies in 200 PUT Action replies (useful for "Usage History" feature) • BPUP: add source transport (x) field to up messages • Support CORS (fascillitates Web UIs)
• fix for a database problem (not known to have caused any dataloss for Smart by Bond users) • WiFi driver upgrade (ESP-IDF from v3.3 to v3.3.2)
Instructions for obtaining the BETA version of the Bond Home app:
The Android link is: https://appdistribution.firebase.dev/i/tDptxcPR
You will receive an email with instructions on how to download Firebase’s App Tester app and will be able to download the Bond app within the App Tester.
(note: App Tester is not available on the store. The only way to download it is through the link on the email you receive.)
The iOS link is: https://testflight.apple.com/join/75fqJf9U (instructions on the link)
The link contains all the instructions they need on the page they will be redirected to:
- Install TestFlight on the iOS device that you’ll use for testing.
- Open your invitation email or tap on the public link on your iOS device.
- Tap View in TestFlight or Start Testing; or tap Install or Update for the app you want to test.