Quiet cool whole house fan

I had a contractor install a whole house fan with a RF remote brand name QuietCool. I have the bondhome running other ceiling fans successfully but although i can get the bond unit to accept the transmitter commands bond unit itself can’t successfully enable or disable the fan.

Model IT-RFSWITCH-01
FCC ID - 2APQIIT-RFSWITCH-01

Help apprecaited

I second this. This is the main reason I bought the device to see if it could control this. I have had little luck. I have got it to control it, but the problem is it’s not controlling it correctly even with the learn function. Hoping someone can get this to work.

The frequency captured is 433.850, however the sequencing of the remote is not being captured correctly. I got it to control the unit a bit, but The remote is really two parts. It has a speed setting and a delay. The remote turns off when it’s timed out and then you click the buttons on it and it sends the command.

Throwing my hat in on this one as well. @Steveewells/@Rudedog - Have you had any luck getting this to work any more?

I just installed my Bond this morning for Somfy shades-- works slick. I also just installed my QuietCool and want to sync it up.

That remote uses FSK modulation rather than OOK, which is not currently supported at the radio level. However, we are working on FSK support in our radio driver finally, so maybe this will not be too far out.

Note that FSK support is probably only going to be available on BD-1750-PRO rather than BD-1000. But we will see once we get into the weeds.

1 Like

That is great news! I would be happy to purchase the Pro for this purpose.

Just curious if there has been any progress made with FSK Modulation?

Thanks!

Yes, actually! We now support FSK transmit in the current Beta firmware.

So, I think adding Quiet Cool support could be possible very soon.

But, it won’t work right now (unless you manually configured via API) because we don’t have FSK for raw recording signals. It has to be in our database.

1 Like

Sweet! That’s great news @merck thanks to the devs working on this!

Is this true for both models including the BD-1000?

Happy to do what is needed to record the RF patterns for my setup so it can be added to the DB if that helps.

Yes, we will support FSK on BD-1000 (2nd generation) and BD-1750-PRO. Will not support on BD-1000 1st Generation.

BD-1000 2nd Generation = serial number starting in ZZ. Codename “zermatt”
BD-1000 1st Generation = serial number starting in A or B. Codename “snowbird”

That said, QuietCool requires 2-way communication, which is not yet implemented and can only be supported on the BD-1750-PRO.

Eh. Just going to replace this junky proprietary remote with z-wave switches and a relay then. QuietCool charges too much for this thing anyway. For anyone else following this, here the setup I ended up using and works (if you have a z-wave network):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R11OXH8XT3Q9GY/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00WXLRFA2

Any updates on the Bond Pro supporting this? Trying to determine how to manage this fan.

We have not put any work into it. But I’ll check into it.

EDIT: Ok, took a look. Looks like they are starting to make some of their own smart products: Roof-Mount Smart Attic Fan - Adjust Temperature With Your Phone There’s an aspect there of the device itself performing some thermostatic (/humidistatic?) control, which sounds pretty useful. — It seems they don’t have a solution for smart control of the whole-house fans though. — Not something currently on our roadmap due to low volume and high complexity of the protocol, sadly.

Sorry to hear that, currently they allow no integrations and are at least a year out for any support. I mostly want to be able to trigger other items, like thermostat set points and if temperature drops too low to reduce speed or shut off.

Is FSK support still coming?

We have GFSK support now, but there’s no automatic capture and replay feature, so there’s not really a way for you to take advantage of it if we don’t have a template for it already. Will bump this internally though and see if we can make something happen.

Thought I would jump in and see if there is any update. Current Bond Bridge owner for Minka Aire fans and would jump at Bond Bridge Pro if I could find a way to manage this.

It seems QuietCool now has their own app? Looks like they offer some sensor feedback functionality that we would not be able to nicely offer on the Bond app at this time, so that may be a better option for you?

I have the attic fan from QC for almost 2 years running on the same app. The connection is however with Bluetooth and a little distance limited. The provided functionality in the app is all I needed, temperature/humidity built-in sensors control run and speed with programmable set points for winter/summer seasons.