yesterday we deployed beta versions of both apps, that’s v2.13.0-beta2 on Android, which is available in Fabric and v2.13.0 (1598) on iOS, available in Testflight.
Here’s what changed and what we would like for you to test. This may include stuff from the beta1, since we didn’t made a nice post like this one.
- State tracking for most recorded devices
- You will see the buttons hightlight in green if that state is active.
- Trust tracked state option on Device Settings
- Ability to fix the light toggle state on Device Settings
- Only for devices that have a Toggle Light command!
- Summer and Winter support for Smart by Bond devices
- Stability and UI fixes
- iOS 13 beta users were experiencing a crash, mostly while adding a new Bond to the account. That should no longer happen, please let me know if you have any problems with iOS 13.
This issues were found and are already being worked on:
- After adding a Bond to the account, you will probably get stuck on “Waiting for your Bond to get online” until it times-out (like 2m)
- After that you will see your Bond on the Dashboard but it will show offline. Closing the App and opening it again will make it available.
- First time you open the app after the upgrade, all your Bonds will show up as offline, a pull-to-refresh will bring them back on. That’s due a change in how we handle some certificates from previous versions, and should only happen once.
- Some users were experiencing a crash right after opening the app on v2.12.0 and up. That should no longer happen.
- Check and ask for Location permissions, check if the location is on, and ask to turn on, at the Search for Device screen
- Android requires location permission, and that the location is turned on in order to scan for Wi-Fi networks, which we need to find the Bond’s near you.
Please let us know what you think of the trust tracked state option.