Integration Breaks with Home Assistant Core 2023.5.3

I was previously on Home Assistant Core 2023.4.6, but the upgrade to 2023.5.3 breaks my integration. Restoring a backup from a week ago (before the upgrade) fixes the issue, but as soon as I re-upgrade, the issue comes back. I didn’t re-upgrade by restoring a problematic backup, I just performed the normal firmware update again and it breaks it.

I don’t have specific error messages since I’m currently running from the working backup image with 2023.4.6, but I can upgrade again to get a specific error message if needed.

Before I go to all that effort, I just wanted to ask, are there any known issues with the Bond integration with the newest version of Home Assistant?

I’m running a Bond BD-1000 with firmware version 3.12.7 on HA version 2023.5.3 without any problem. It would be nice to know what error(s) occurs on your HA install?

This is the error I get:

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: custom_components/bond/init.py:98
Integration: Bond
First occurred: 7:05:44 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 7:05:44 AM
Error setting up entry Bond Bridge for bond

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 387, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
File “/config/custom_components/bond/init.py”, line 98, in async_setup_entry
hass.config_entries.async_setup_platforms(entry, PLATFORMS)
AttributeError: ‘ConfigEntries’ object has no attribute ‘async_setup_platforms’

Bond Failed

The upgrade also messed with some random webhook I had that I don’t even remember setting up. This is probably unrelated but I just wanted to mention it anyway.

Also, something interesting to note… The Bond integration says it’s a custom integration in Home Assistant. Most of my other integrations don’t say that, unless they were added in HACS. When I check HACS, Bond is not in there.

Also, if you do a Google search for:
AttributeError: ‘ConfigEntries’ object has no attribute ‘async_setup_platforms’

It looks like a TON of integrations for various programs broke with the Home Assistant Core upgrade that came after 2023.4.6. Most of these integrations rolled out an update to fix this issue, but I don’t see a way to update my Bond integration.

@bdraco / @marcio – is this expected to be fixed in the near future?

Are you having the same issue? I’m trying to figure out if it’s just me.

I don’t regularly use HA - just boot it up from time to time.
That being said, I follow a couple of integration threads on HA and it seems common - as your Google search revealed as well.

Some folks have posted that this seems to be related.

I’d guess it’s best to update that to “Only Accessible from Local Network” to be checked / selected.

You have an old custom version installed. Delete the custom version and use the one built into core

The core version is working fine. Nothing to fix here

1 Like

Thanks for the assistance, I got this working. I was going to ask for instructions on how to delete the custom integration, but I ended up just deleting the Bond folder from /custom_components/. It felt a bit sketchy but I had backups if it didn’t work.

Fortunately, one reboot later, HA detected my Bond bridge automatically, without the custom integration icon on it, and everything went smoothly.

1 Like