Home Assistant error

I am attempting to add Bond integration into Home Assistant. I have installed Bond bridge module. When it asks for Host (I enter local IP address of Bond) and Access token (Found in bond app) It instantly comes back with Unexpected error and will not go past.

I believe in rare cases, power cycling the BOND Bridge and rechecking the IP and token have helped some folks with initial setup (shouldn’t change but… gremlins?).
However, I don’t have HA; the HA plugin folks and forums may have a bit more insight.
@nguyer - are you still one of the folks working on the HA plugin?

I have power cycled the device and I’m given the same error message. A friend of mine brought over an unused hubitat and it is also unable to link up. Maybe I need to do more troubleshooting on the Bond.

Are you familiar with command line and have an available computer you’re willing to use to test out some basic commands? We can troubleshoot there to eliminate (or reveal) Bond or network or token being the issue.

Yes willing and able to do that.

If you have curl installed on the machine / OS you’re using already, then this should get us started and return some details:

curl -H “BOND-Token: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" -i http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/v2/devices/

where aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa is your 16 character BOND local token, and xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is its IP address.

If that fails, you should at least be able to hit this node even without the token header, and see some information returned:
curl -i http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/v2/sys/version/

This is what was returned:

HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
Content-Length: 0

This is what was returned:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Length: 230
Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8

{“target”:“zermatt”,“fw_ver”:“v2.10.21”,“fw_date”:“Wed Feb 19 15:31:13 UTC 2020”,“uptime_s”:138533,“make”:“Olibra”,“model”:“BD-1000”,“branding_profile”:“O_BD-1000”,“bondid”:“ZZBL42337”,“upgrade_http”:true,“api”:2,“_”:“6cfe883b”}

Knowing this maybe the local token from app isn’t matching Bond device?

If you power cycle the device, and within 10 minutes of power up use this command, the token can be returned via:

curl -i http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/v2/token

(It will be the data piece named “token” :grin: - if that’s missing, it’s been more than 10 minutes)

This returned a different token than displayed in Bond app.

When using this newly discovered Token I was able to add to HA.

Thank you so much for the troubleshooting.

1 Like

Thanks for working with me, @cmiz!

@jacob / @marcio / @endy : here’s an example of the rarely reported “app reports an incorrect / different token” issue.

1 Like

Hopefully this helps Bond engineers fix this in the future.

Oh wow. Doing some digging looks like our backend is not saving the token correctly! I’ll let the responsible engineers know, thanks for the tip!

1 Like

I have this exact issue. I have power cycled the Bond bridge, and confirmed the access token is the same both when viewed in the iOS app and from curl.

Home Assistant 2021.12.9
Bond Bridge BD-1000 firmware v3.8.4

Home Assistant auto-detects ZZDE62147, but when I paste in the access token 00a2de7de6b62689, it spins for 1/2 second, then returns “Unexpected error”

Having this issue now also.
After a power outage the bond stopped working in HA, I assumed because it was given a new DHCP address, so I gave it a perm one via router.
Now I can’t add it back.

Confirmed new ip address and access/local token via curl and app. HA auto discovers it but aftery typing in access token it just hangs for a long time and eventually errors with unexpected error.

I have tried power cycle bond, even backup, erase and restore (with new access token) and no luck.

Posted here as issue also - Bond Bridge unable to re-add 'unexpected error' · Issue #85600 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

I’m having the same issue. I got the Bond up and running, hooked it up to Alexa and then tried to connect it to Home Assistant. It shows as “Discovered” but when I enter the API key, it says “Unexpected Error”. I used the API key from the app and confirmed it’s the same using the curl command. Ayone having success with Home Assistant?