IFTTT - Options Unavailable. Help!

I updated to Bond Home app and to the latest firmware yesterday. Now, I have lost all integration with IFTTT, everytime I try to create a new integration, I get “Options Unavailable”. Please help, I know IFTTT support is being pulled but I do not have Smart Things yet. I still need IFTTT support to run my automation

@merck could you advise?

Hey @jzanick, sorry, I don’t know how to help out with IFTTT but I did make a video showing how to set up SmartThings automations and scenes: SmartThings demo

It’s a pretty quick setup, no hardware required. If you have any questions about specifics I’d be happy to help out.

Do you mean IFTTT integration is no longer possible for now?

My integrations still work with IFTTT

Can you check if you can create new integrations? Also, did you update from bond bridge app to bond home app with the latest software?

IFTTT integrations still work with the V1 Bond Bridge app as a courtesy to users who were relying on this. We’re giving people some time to migrate to better solutions via API, community integrations, or SmartThings.

What is the v1 bond bridge app? I am on the bond bridge app and not the home. And could not get IFTTT working. Can you DM me your number so you could look into my account?

You can reach out to customersupport@bondhome.io or use Chat in the app for live support.

Keep in mind that we’ve dropped IFTTT support. That it continues to work for those who were using it was to help give them time to transition. We are only supporting the new app Bond Home with the new integrations.