Hubitat integration

Just signed up to this forum. I’d love to see Bond integration with Hubitat!

4 Likes

I second this. I have a Hubitat and can sort of get around things by using IFTTT, but it’s not as good as true integration. The best I can do to have Hubitat control a fan is to setup discrete IFTTT commands for Fan Off, Fan 33%, Fan 66%, Fan 100%, Fan Light On, and Fan Light Off. This is pretty hokey. Ideally, I would have just a single device (maybe 2 for separate fan/light) and be able to command it directly.

I don’t have any fans setup to use Bond, but I signed up for their API beta. I have it able to turn my fireplace on/off via Hubitat using the API. That means this is definitely possible. Unfortunately I don’t have any way to test otherwise I’d try to build something. Once I get my code fully working for fireplaces though I’ll definitely share it so others can enhance it.

2 Likes

Thanks for that info! That’s excellent news that you’ve succeeded in getting the local API working in Hubitat. I have two Emerson brand ceiling fans that work well with the current Bond app but the local control and Hubitat integration is definitely what I’m hoping for in the future…

+1 I’d also like to see official Hubitat and Bond support.

Hi @KakaduDreamer @takedownca @dman2306 @jchurch

Thank you for creating this topic. I’m going to add Hubitat to the integration list.
Hubitat is this one, right?

Thanks

2 Likes

Yes, that’s it! Thank you!

Wow great news to wake up to. Many thanks and yes that’s the one.

btw, If you need a Hubitat staff contact let me know as I have been dealing with one in relation to support for other products.

1 Like

Thanks, @jchurch.

We are working on Alexa, Google, and Smartthings.
After that, we are going to get another one from the list.

Also, I was reading about Hubitat, and I think the integration is possible using our local API.

Did you guys try that?

Thanks,

Felipe

1 Like

To be clear, Hubitat is an integration that we want to see. It may be a community-developed integration, but with prioritized support from Bond team. This model may ultimately result in a faster, and better integration than if we took it on ourselves. (Small team here, and Alexa/GH/ST keep us busy with their API changes!)

3 Likes

Yes the local API works. I already have my fireplace integrated using the API (I’ve only coded on/off so far, but the rest are possible) – it’s summer programming my fireplace hasn’t been a priority :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well it’s summer so that means ceiling fans, not fireplaces! I don’t have the mad programming skills needed to take on the task of writing an integration using the local API. I’m hoping someone out there will take on the mantle of coding awesomeness and develop a community app for Hubitat to integrate ceiling fans… :grinning: In the meantime I’m using IFTTT between Hubitat and Bond. (ugh!)

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t have any compatible fans so I have nothing to play around with to test it…

1 Like

I’m finally at the point where I’m good with people beta testing. I added support for fans though I don’t have any to test with. My fireplace works great though. More details can be found on the Hubitat forum. https://community.hubitat.com/t/support-for-bond-hub/19141/5

Let me know how it works. It does require the v2 firmware (and getting your local token is much easier if you have the v2 app. Let me know what you think. If there are fan issues I’ll try to debug, but it’ll be hard without a device to test with!

@KakaduDreamer @takedownca @jchurch @feliperuhland @merck

2 Likes

Just installed V2 firmware on an original Bond Hub. Installed the App and Drivers on HE. I can control the fans just fine but my light dimmable fans only show up for on/off. In the Bond App on IOS I am able to control dimming of the fan lights. I tried changing the driver under the devices in HE but it wouldn’t let me select another driver.

Any suggestions?

Really looking forward to controlling with HE instead of IFTTT bandaid in the past!!

Is this a control that starts a continuous dimmer until you press “Stop” or a control that changes the brightness level a bit each time you press it?

For the app, it will raise and lower until you press it a second time. On HE it is using just the Fan light driver and no option for dimming.

Just FYI for anyone interested, greg also posted this on the Hubitat forum. I’m working on adding support for the StartDimmer command to the hubitat integration.

I know this is old, but it may be worth mentioning that if you have SmartThings, it is very easy to port the ST code over to Hubitat. I have done s few, and there are resources to help with the process in the Hubitat community forums.

If I’m not mistaken, @dman2306’s Hubitat integration uses the Bond’s local API rather than our SmartThings integration. You can learn more here.

1 Like