Error 107 failed to update (Smart by Bond)

While the new fan is working great, I’m not able to update

I was able to get it to update in the beta app to 2.14.7 but it doesn’t seem to want to go past that to 2.15.8.2

I have the same fan and the same issue - stuck on v2.13.0. How were you able to get to 2.14.7? All of these companies suck with zero customer support and they set up “answer” bots and user forums so that we can help ourselves solve their outsourced coding issues…what a joke. Progress Lighting is even worse - looks like they outsourced to Bond in the first place.

With that said, any help from any other poor suckers that are struggling with same half-ass technology would be appreciated. lol

It appears to be caused by a poor wifi connection coupled with some type of download failure.

I was able to get it to update by

• Power cycle the circuit breaker
  • Wait for it to reboot
  • If it doesn’t come up with the new version, repeat the update

If you still have no luck updating repeat the above process, just be careful not to kill the power during the update or you’ll have to do a rescue reset. I had one on poor wifi I had to repeat the process 3 times.

1 Like

wow - thanks a ton for the quick reply! so, mine is actually on a light switch that is always left on since I use Alexa for the fan and the light control. I turned the switch off for 5 or 10 seconds, turned it back on and now the app says I have the latest firmware (2.29.9) - evidently the update was successful weeks ago, but the power cycle was needed for it to be recognized…

Bond developers - you should thank bdraco for a new bugID - and get to work! (at least provide a note in the firmware update procedures in the app).

Thanks again - hopefully this helps others :slight_smile: