Changing Names/Type via command line

Hello everyone,
I am new here - I had my bond bridge just controlling my ceiling fan, but we added a lot of color lighting to our landscaping and I am trying to use my bond to control these instead of their independent remote.

None of the remotes are recognized, so I programmed some of the functions under the “fireplace” option as it has the most buttons.

However, none of the buttons or categories they are under actually correspond with the controls.

Using my mac and terminal, I am able to get into my bond bridge and get it to report back the names and details of the various devices and commands, but for the life of me I cannot figure how to change them.

I get either a 400 error or a bad JSON error.
For example:
elena@Elenas-MacBook-Pro ~ % curl -H “BOND-Token: xx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx” -i http://192.168.100.113/v2/devices/1d004822/commands/66dc23d7 -X PATCH -d ‘{“name”: “DkPink”/}’

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

Content-Length: 50

Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8

{"_error_id":23,"_error_msg":“json parse error”}

curl: (3) unmatched close brace/bracket in URL position 8:

DkPink/}’

^

elena@Elenas-MacBook-Pro ~ % curl -H “BOND-Token: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx” -i http://192.168.100.113/v2/devices/1d004822/commands/66dc23d7 -X PATCH -d ‘{“name”: “DkPink”,}’

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

Content-Length: 50

Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8

{"_error_id":23,"_error_msg":“json parse error”}

curl: (3) unmatched close brace/bracket in URL position 8:

DkPink,}’

Can anyone help me understand how to change:
The type from FP to LT
The heading under the buttons
The categories the buttons are under (so instead of fireplace light and fan, id like them to be controls, colors, transitions)
and if possible, the icon that shows up (this one isn’t important)

The main important thing for me is text under the button - so I can know what the button does. I can’t believe this isn’t something that can be managed from within the app, but here we are.

Any help is appreciated!

(Mod note: masked the Token)

As far as I know, you won’t be able to change the type, so if you really want it to be a Light type, you’ll have to re-record manually.

That being said, being a Fireplace isn’t the end of the world.
See how some of us do edits for a generic device’s buttons here.
You’ll note that even after my edits, I don’t have new icons (@merck from Bond calls them ‘slugs’ I believe), nor new groupings / headers; I do, however, have new text labels under the buttons - the best compromise I’ve found.

Most of those examples were through Unix or Windows - there may be slight differences in Terminal under Mac OS, particularly as regards " vs ’ around strings of data.

I can help you troubleshoot more if you’re still stuck after peeking at that other thread - I just won’t be around my Mac until tomorrow morning.

Thanks so much!
Those instructions helped! Turns out I was just missing the “action” part at the end.

I’ve got all the names changed.

I guess I’m stuck with the “fireplace” category but it functions as expected so I’ll just ignore the labels!

2 Likes