Can't add second bond Bridge to HomeKit

New bond Bridge user.

I have number of Somfy RTS shades that I’ve been (painfully) using three Somfy MyLinks to mange for years. I replaced them with two Bridges. The Bridges seem fantastic.

I have the bridges working with HomeKit via Home Assistant, but I’m playing with integrating them directly. Both bridges are on firmware 4.7.7. App is version 2.52.0 on iOS 18 (not beta). Apple TVs are on latest public (not beta).

The first thing I tried to do was enable the “Media Room” hub for HomeKit. When I toggle that hub “on”, the other hub ends up turning on. I tried it a few times, same behavior.

Whether or not “Main Bedroom” is enabled for HomeKit, I can’t enable Media Room. When Main Bedroom is enabled and I try to enable Media Room, a progress indicator spins for a second and then the toggle reverts to the off position.

Main Bedroom works end-to-end. When it’s on in the bond app, I can add the shades to Home Kit. I’m just unable to add Media Room no matter what order I go in or what I try.

I though that perhaps only one bridge could be added and it would collaborate as a bridge for all connected devices, but when Main Bedroom is connected, only the shades it operates show up.

Is this known? Thank you!

Hi Zend :blush:,

Thank you for sharing that with us. The behavior you’re experiencing is quite interesting and not expected. I’ll try to replicate the issue on my end by the end of the week. In the meantime, could you please try the following steps:

1. Open your bridge on the Bond App (either “Main Bedroom” or “Media Room”).
  2. Go to Advanced Settings.
  3. Enable HomeKit from there.

Does it work after these steps?

Best regards

1 Like

Hi, @igoraltvidal. Thanks for looking at this.

I wasn’t aware that HomeKit enablement was available in each device’s settings in addition to being available in global settings. Your hunch that it would work correctly in device-specific settings was accurate. It does. I’m having other issues getting HomeKit to actually work with enabled devices, but that’s another story.

Here’s a video that shows another form of the issue in global settings. In this video, I attempt to disable HomeKit for the “Media Room” hub. Instead, the Main Room hub ends up appearing as disabled.

After that, I try to disable Media Room a couple of times and it fails.This could be something as simple as the app having incorrect IDs associated with list elements.

HomeKit.mov

I’ll delete this video after a couple of weeks. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Hi @zend

Great to hear it’s working for you!
Thank you for sharing the video with us — I watched it, and (yeah) it definitely seems like a bug :flushed:
I’ll forward this to the mobile team.

Have a great day!

2 Likes