BOND - SOMFY Range

I am looking to purchase the BOND PRO to replace some SOMFY MyLinks that I have around the house, We have around 20 roller shades and motorized curtains in the house. The MyLinks needs to be within about 20-30 feet to the curtains or blinds in order form the radio frequency to work. Also the wireless connectivity of the MyLink is terrible. The BOND PRO appears to have a wired or wireless Ethernet option and has a the ability to connect to the SOMFY wireless.

Questions:

1. Would the BOND PRO be a good choice?
  2. What is the maximum distance for the SOMFY blinds and curtains?
  3. Does the BOND PRO requires a Internet connection to operate?
  1. Would the BOND PRO be a good choice?

Yes!

1. What is the maximum distance for the SOMFY blinds and curtains?

That’s a tough one. Depends on a lot of factors. Generally one Bond Bridge Pro can cover 3500 sq ft. But depending on noise levels, building materials, and other factors, range could be less.

1. Does the BOND PRO requires a Internet connection to operate?

Only for initial setup. After that, if the internet connection is unreliable, you can still control via local network. Bond Home app, Home Assistant, C4, and other Local API-based integrations are OK.

I also had the same issue, and was using the Bond bridge since the Pro isn’t available yet as far as I know. However multiple Bond bridges will work together fine to cover a larger area if needed.

Thanks for all of the updates. We have our house using both wired and wireless and will be trying the Bond Pro once it become available due to the connectivity flexibility. The 3500 foot coverage will depend on the device that I am connecting to and the SOMFY blinds and curtains have a limited RF range.

We purchased multiple SONOS MyLinks to resolve some of the issues but these devices have terrible WiFi range.

1 Like

Hi - on a related note - Is there a limit to the amount (quantity) of Somfy Blind Motors/Remotes we can pair with the standard bond unit and is this different/higher for the Bond PRO model? I need a solution to control 15 somfy RTS blinds, so just wanted to confirm this

No problem. Both BD-1000 and BD-1750-PRO can do this.