Bond Pro and Fireplace Remote RC-300

So I bought the Bond pro for the reason to control my Heat n Glo fireplace. The RF remote falls in the frequency covered by bond FCC ID ULE-RC300 but will not learn the remote commands. Bond support says that this remote is not compatable while another support says they are working on a fix. Anyone else in this boat or know of a work around?

I also couldn’t get it to work for my heat n’ Glo (though no problem with somfy blinds) … probably need a second gizmo to bridge the frequency problem … would have thought the large market. Share of heat n’glo would be interesting to Bond

Yep I spoke with tech at heat n Flo and they use a shared key during the bond. They will no release the documents as calling it proprietary. Not nice in the Sand box people!

1 Like

Imagine there’s no silos.
It’s easy if you try.
No incompatibilities.
One hub, all motors drive.

Imagine all the motors, playing nice in the sandbox.

:notes:

2 Likes

+1

Would love a work around to be able to turn off and on Heat and Glo with Bond

The work around is a remote relay to open and close the brown to brown contact wire. Works great

Hey there Olichops - is there any way you can provide more info on how to set up a remote relay to get this working? I also have an RC300 remote I would love to automate. Thanks!

Sure, the set up is not thru the remote as not supported. You need a TP link casa block that is controlled by the automation of your choice. The on off will power the 110v relay you can get on Amazon. The dry contact on the relay will close the brown wire on the receiver of the fireplace in my case a heat n glo. Make sure your receiver supports the open close loop first and then you are good to go