Bond Bridge not Linking to my Home Account

Hi all, hoping someone from the Bond team can help.

I recently bought a Bond Bridge secondhand on eBay (listed as “open box,” not “used”). I understand the pinhole reset has two levels: a short hold (green) that just clears Wi-Fi settings, and a longer hold (white) that wipes the entire local database for a clean start / ownership switch.

I did a full factory reset, then went through the two-part setup process (connecting to the Bridge’s own Wi-Fi, then linking it to my home network and account via 10.7.42.1 with my account code, per instructions from Bond support). The Bridge is now online with a solid blue light and successfully joined to my Wi-Fi, but the Bond Home app still doesn’t recognize it as one of my devices.

My question: does the local factory reset actually clear the server-side account association, or does the Bridge’s serial number stay linked to the previous owner’s account on Bond’s servers regardless of a local reset? If it’s the latter, is there a way for support to manually release/unlink a Bridge from a prior account so I can add it to mine?

For context, I’ve emailed customerservice@bondhome.io twice over the past two days and haven’t heard back yet, which is why I’m posting here as well. I don’t have the original retail receipt since I bought it used, but I do have my eBay purchase record if that helps.

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

what’s your Bond ID (serial number on bottom, will start with A, B, or Z)?

BOND serial number is SBD25586

Sorry mistype BD25586 no S

My Bond Account is XXX and Home Code: XXX

Hi @wrandall, thanks for sharing the ID. That unit was manufactured April 30, 2018… units mfg in our first ~2yr of operation used an older architecture. We have really worked hard to maintain those units to keep them operational on the platform as they were used by many of our early adopters to whom we are super grateful. Sadly, it has become hard to maintain support for those units. We have not released firmware updates in some years, and though we have not dropped support in the apps, compatibility for setup is not getting priority testing. — I’m burning the midnight oil here at the office… checking into this unit and will let you know what I find.

ok, it’s a real issue on our side where we are currently not able to join “snowbirds” to new accounts (our name for units with A or B serial numbers, produced in our first ~2yrs back pre 2019). — i believe i’ve identified the root cause. sadly there’s no quick fix to just push your unit over, but we are looking to fix it for you and a handful of customers apparently facing same issue with these old units.

1 Like

doing this bc i really want to support hw for at least 10yrs after it is sold, and we are not quite there yet. but that said, we’ve made a LOT of improvements in the newer units from 2019+, serial numbers starting with Z, so get a hold of one of those for best experience. -merck

Thank you for your time.