Yoolax Window Shades

Do you mean the HE app or the smartphone app? I am on the regular version for both (Android on the phone). When I press a button on the bond Android app everything works fine. It doesn’t trigger reliably from my script in RM.

Sdougall, I meant the smartphone app. Thanks for your information. I’m still having problems getting my shades to work reliably from the iOS smartphone app.

I am having issues as well. I can see the rule triggering and the log in the Bond app saying that the command was sent - yet the blinds don’t move all the time. The device is sitting very close to the blinds. I thought that it may have something to do with the open/closed logic. I have zebra blinds where there is a fully open, fully closed and a louvered state. I tried using ‘FixBlinds’ command in case it was skipping the ‘close’ because it thought they were already closed - hasn’t worked though. Have you had any luck on your side?

I have 3 Yoolax shades scheduled at the same time and often times 2 of 3 actually respond. It’s kinda strange. Not sure if there’s other info that can help.

Direct commands from the app work just fine.

I haven’t had any change with my shades-----sometimes they open or close with the first command and other times, it takes 2-5 tries to make them move.

I hope Bond can figure something out with these generic remotes.

1 Like

I am having exactly the same issue with my Rollerhouse blinds - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C78Q7L6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have had all of the same issues as described above with the Yoolax blinds.

I moved the bond bridge closer to the blinds - that made it a little better - maybe.
I also re-learned the commands with the remote much closer to the bridge, and finally I tried adding a 5 second delay in-between sending the commands from Hubitat.

Still having issues. When a shade doesn’t respond the app shows that it got the command. For example if I tell it to open, it does not open, but the app says it is open.

So pretty much the same issue that others are having with the Yoolax blinds. Looking for suggestions.

1 Like

Hey all. It’s doesn’t work with my attic fan also. Waiting for suggestions

@FaoriFrank - I didn’t see details about the remote / which model of fan exactly you have.
Maybe create a new thread for that kind of device?
Include details about the fan and remote, particularly FCC ID and /or pictures of the back / front / inside battery cover and battery holder area.

Also, there are official support staff available more readily than here in the forums, despite the community being fairly active on here.

1 Like

I contacted support and gave them all of the details. They said the remote is not currently supported. So for now I am content just sending multiple commands to the shades to make them work. Usually 2 commands does the trick. How do we know when the Bond technical team looks at different remotes and confirms that they work?

I’ve had this exact issue issue with my yoolax blinds and bond device. Here’s the fix:

1. Patch your device signal to repeat 5 - 10 times. By default the setting is set to 1.

Follow the instructions on this page.

2 Likes

Having a similar issue with my Raex blinds. Learned the codes fine, then becomes unreliable both from the app and the schedule.

Hey @Joylove, welcome to the forums!

Did you try in app chat support during normal business hours? Or you could send an email to customerservice@olibra.io

Curious if some issues are resolved by the solution @Bokchilo mentioned (PATCH’ing additional repeat commands), and which issues are not helped by that strategy.

Thanks, that looks super involved and it’s getting late. I’ll try support, thank you.

I had the same issue with the Yoolax Shangri-La blinds. The Bond unit sent the command however nothing will happen. If I sent multiple commands it will eventually react. Subsequently, I tried the remote control that came with the blind and I was experiencing the same slow reaction from the motor, I had to press the remote multiple times before the blind will react.

I assumed that the motor/reception unit is going to sleep to conserve energy so I plugged the solar panel back in and waited for the blind to be 100% charged and then I tried it again. Voila, my commands work each time with no hesitation. I did contact Yoolax support via Whatsapp and the tech did confirm that the motor does go into hibernation. I can’t certify 100% that it is accurate information however by providing the Yoolax unit constant power source my issue was resolved. After some thought my issue may have been related to the fact that my batteries were too low, to begin with…

On another note: I contacted Bond technical support to create a new template for the Shangrila remote so I can tilt the blind however it has been 30 days and I followed up with their support and to this minute I have yet to get an update on the new template. I wish there was a way Bond will allow users to upload their custom templates. What I did in the interim is add an additional blind and then I programmed the buttons to Tilt so in a way I made it work for me I just wish it would be easier instead of doing all bunch of MacGyver-style solutions.

Thanks for those details, @oztechs.

Ah, the MacGyver-ing of home automation - but at least we can often get some creative solutions with Bond, even when things aren’t perfectly or officially supported yet.

We’ve looked at this a few times, and may eventually do it. That would let you bring a new RF protocol in.

But, in this case, it doesn’t help you much, because you also need a new Feature. Even if you could add some generic buttons on the app for the Tilt Up/Down functions, they wouldn’t export to Alexa and Google Home. That requires us to first standardize the Feature/Actions definitions for Tilt and write the integration code for Alexa/Google to understand. This also applies for local integrations in that we want a single integration feature for “Tilt” to work regardless of who wrote the template.

We are currently studying how other platforms deal with Tilt, how it can be exported on Alexa/GH in a sane way, and dealing with issues of state uncertainty (is the shade half-way or fully tilted, etc.).

1 Like

Thank you for the reply.

What I have done in the meantime was adding an additional blind calling it Blind Tilt, to my Bond control. Then I programmed all three buttons to tilt. Utilizing Homebridge now, I can tell Siri: “Siri open Blind Tilt” or “Siri close Blind Tilt” and it is working for me. The only downside is each tilt is a quarter of an inch movement, so to completely shut the blinds, I have to say the same command 13 times. That is why I wanted to have a unique template for the Dooya remote because there is a feature called: “The Third Command” which is a long press of the STOP button, and then the tilt shuts the blind in one shot! However, I am not able to teach Bond that command. It sees it as a quick press of a stop.

I used the schedule, and every day my blinds were closing at 1 pm, and then every minute, it sends a tilt command, so after 13 minutes, the blind is shut close.

Since then, I deleted the Bond’s commands and started using the Apple Home Kit scheduling commands, and it works beautifully; however, I still needed 13 commands of Tilt which kind of sucks, but It is working.

If I can be of any help, I have developed a close relationship with the manufacturer of Dooya and Yoolax, and I can relationship so Bond can fulfill its full potential!

Ofer Zur
Enterprise Architect

1 Like

On the Blind Tilt device, could you modify (with the API command line command) the “reps” to be ‘13’?
Not sure if there is enough delay between the repetitions in that method for the device to receive them cleanly as separate commands or if the device will get confused.

Might also be able to tweak the reps of the STOP button into a sweet spot to get an effective long press?

During the initial setup of the Yoolax blinds you are given the option to program the Top level, Bottom level and a function called Third Running Position.

I am trying to mimic that function with the Bond repeater.

I did not try with the API yet however I was thinking about it, not sure if the API would make my life any easier!

Ofer Zur
Enterprise Architect

Yes! This is something we are studying in the next weeks. There’s a number of different protocols for shades that have different implementations of “Tilt”. It may end up being rather complex because the Bridge will need to store its belief about the Tilt angle… But, please stay tuned for more here.

a close relationship with the manufacturer of Dooya and Yoolax

Let’s take this to a PM. I can get you in touch with our bizdev person.

Ooof, you want to do limit setting via the Bridge? Why? Can’t you just adjust the limits using the factory remote and then operate the shades via the Bridge?