V3.1.0-beta for Bond Bridge Pro

Yes, you would see the state change. Right now you cannot tell why the state changed though.

:smile: Let us know if you try one out, how it works for your home.

To clarify, youā€™re talking about the state / properties on the shade device is where someone would see a change but not why / what changed it.

A Keystream event subscription would be the only way to see a state change (button hold started, is currently held, hold released, was tapped, was double-tapped) on a Sidekick remote, but the Keystream event does not have a ā€œtarget device for direct RF commandā€ property (for Sidekicks that are paired with a direct-control motor), right?
So it would kind of be up to a third-party home controllerā€™s logic to know that a Keystream event from Sidekick A, which directly controls Shade Channel 1 (device or group), leads to a case where any automation(s) from the home controller affecting Shade Channel 1 should be suspended, at least for a time, per @atomike 's use case.

Did my restatement misstep anywhere, @merck ?

Hi Chris, but Bond Bridge Pro | Bond says:

Thanks for pointing that out, Alex. The BBP supports receive for interoperability with Bond Sidekickā€”receiving state updates when operating Sidekick channelsā€”but it does not support bidirectional communication with any shade protocol at this time.

We will update that table to avoid anyone being misled.

1 Like

Hi Chris, can you please send me one, so I can add to HomeSeer?

1 Like

Please ask customerservice@bondhome.io, provide your mailing addr, and tell them Merck sent you. Iā€™ll approve it on this end.

1 Like

This is very interesting, and Iā€™m glad to learn about it. Iā€™m using the Bond Pro bridge with Somfy shades, and remote control works well, but the state isnā€™t reported back. Now that HomeKit integration has been officially added, if the Sidekick is added to my network, would the updated state get reported back into HomeKit and the Home app? Or does this reporting only happen when the Sidekick itself has issued the command?

This. It does not listen for other signals or get any feedback from the motor. It just basically lets the Bridge know that it sent a signal to the motor.