Things are pretty quiet around here

Yeah, we’ve been pretty quiet, sorry about that, it’s been very busy! I can get you a status update. Our main priority right now is the cloud->local migration. After the next app release (next week probably), I’ll release a version of the firmware that supports local versions of most cloud devices. At that time, we will migrate all supported the existing cloud devices to the Bond’s database. 90% of all devices migrated should come with this initial release, but there’s a long tail of families with just a few dozen users each that may take a while.

We revisited our SmartThings integration last week and identified the sources of two major problems with it. I’ll speak more to the known issues in the thread about SmartThings. One additional note is that because we are getting rid of cloud devices, SmartThings will only support local devices, so the release of a fully-functional SmartThings integration is tied to the release of the cloud->local migration.

As for the cloud API, we currently have no timeline on that, but migrating the cloud devices down to the Bond should give you control.

3 Likes