State-aware smartthings

I’ve got a ceiling fan light and some other things (air purifier via IR) that I use to send a power toggle command. Though it often gets out of sync, it works when I toggle the on/off state of these devices in smartthings. However, I have scenes and routines in smartthings that turn off entire rooms or the entire house. Imagine I have the light on and I say “turn off living room”. All devices including my bond ones turn off just great. But later if I say “turn off everything”, everything turns off but another toggle is sent to my ceiling fan and now the whole house is off and my bond devices are back on.

Is there a way to tell smartthings to “turn off if not already off”?

You can enable the “trust state” configuration for these toggleable devices. This can be done in the device settings screen in the Bond Home app. This’ll get you precisely the “turn off if not already off” behavior, just make sure that the Bond has the right state for your devices. (If the state is wrong, you can adjust it in the same place in the app, or just use your physical remote)

@jbonta1 - would caution you (and others) that while the Trust State option is awesome if you only control the devices through BOND and linked integrations to BOND… If you use the original remote for any devices, it is highly likely the State will get out of sync.

You will also have to make sure your integrations use the Power On / Power Off actions, rather than Power Toggle, if you want them to take advantage of the Trust State feature.

This is interesting, I have someone who I installed a bond bridge for today and the asked if it could control a fold down fence in the back. It has 3 different sections each working off its own remote. It is a simple toggle as the same button open and closes the gate (maybe it tracks state). I just couldn’t get them to operate consistently. I tried the trusted state and that didn’t seem to work. May need to try the on/off instead as it makes sense that is likely better for tracking state. One other question is does anyone know if it is possible to increase the amount of time the signal is transmitted? I was thinking that may be an issue as well as it seems you need to hold the button on the remote for a second or two sometimes for it to start.

Yes. Take a look at this post. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks. New to this so need to figure out how to access the CLI.

Bill

If you need more help, reach back out!