Somfy Shade Groups Issue

All, I wanted to post an update to this issue. I finally got around to doing a factory reset of all of my Somfy Motors. They are the Sonesse 30 WireFree shades, and I have about 12 individual shades being controlled by a 16 channel remote. I have 2 shades per window, 1 being a light-filtering screen and the other one being a blackout. Each motor can store up-to 12 different remotes (as Jacob mentioned). So basically, 6 windows, with 2 shades each.

I have never had problems controlling everything via the remote, including groups, however, I did experience issues pairing with the Bond Home app. For instance if I had a group, not all the shades would open and close, even though they “jogged” when I hit the programming button on the physical remote.

After the factory reset, I added each motor, one-by-one to channels 1-12 on the physical remote, respectively, setting upper and lower limits, etc.

Then, still on the physical remote, I needed to create a group for “All Screens”, another for “All Blackouts”, and then a group for “All Screens and All Blackouts”. Let’s say that the “All Screens” group will be on channel 14 and the “All Blackouts” group will be on channel 15. I then added all the screens individually to channel 14 and all of the blackouts to channel 15.

Now I needed an “All Screens and All Blackouts” group to be created on channel 16. I decided that instead of adding all 12 individual shades to channel 16, I would try to add channel 14 and channel 15 to channel 16. It actually worked!

I tested the physical remote, and everything works nicely. Next, I went into the Bond Home app, deleted all previous devices for these shades / groups, and then added all 16 channels through the app, one at a time.

Everything works perfectly now! I hope this helps anyone in the same situation.

So, I had 1 question on the Bond Home device for Jacob or the folks at Bond Home. In the situation that I had prior to the factory reset, and re-pairing with the Bond Home device, I thought I could use the “Add Device” option, instead of the “Add Shades” option. This didn’t seem to work. Bond would register that it captured the signal from my Somfy physical remote (and turned green), but when it tried to reproduce the signal, there was no response from the Somfy motor. I thought that I would just be able to “learn” and “replicate” the same RF signal that the physical remote was producing to get around my issue and operate the motor.

What is so special about the signal coming out of the Somfy remote that it can’t be learned / reproduced by Bond as a “device” and therefore requires specific Somfy support?

Thanks