Select Blinds - Classic Roman Shades [Bofu BF-305]

@merck There is no FCC ID printed on the remote but they can be easily had on Amazon for about $20.

I did pry mine open and there is no FCC ID on the inside of the case or board either, but this remote posted by @lawsuitup looks to be it. It seems like there may be several brands that use the exact same remote, or several brands that use the blinds motor that goes with this remote… My shades are from blinds .com and they are the blinds .com (2 Link rule) branded shades and they come with this remote as well. I was having similar issues as the others. The pulse times seem to be the issue, but with the most recent firmware updates functionality seems to be a lot better. I have 6 shades all the same brand and style programmed to my Bond and I completely reprogrammed them today and they all are working well now.

If the team requires any more info please let me know I would be more than happy to help out.

@merck This is a picture of the board. The H/R switch seems to change the way the remote sends the commands/pulses. If I switch it to H I have to hold the button down for several seconds before the blinds will move continuously, if I just push it they just barely hop, BUT once they start moving the do not stop until you press stop like usual, so it just takes longer to actually get them to move the way you want.PXL_20201117_173019053 (1)

IndianaJoe, this is great news. I updated my Bond firmware yesterday, so I’m going to “re-learn” the commands from my remote. Hopefully, I’ll have the same positive results as you have.

Two quick questions ---- when you re-learned the remote commands, did you have the switch in the H or R position? How does the remote work when the switch is in the R position?

Thanks for this information!

Well, I reprogrammed the shade remote into my Bond hub, and while the operation of the SelectBlinds.com shades is working a bit better, it’s still inconsistent and many times takes several tries before the shades will obey the command and move.

I’m still looking for the solution…

IndianaJoe, thanks again for your perspectives!

Any news on this remote integration into the Bond Hub? I’m using the 2.15.8-beta firmware, and I don’t see any difference in operation. In fact, it seems to be slightly more inconsistent than it was on the most recent released firmware.

This remote has an FCC ID of 2AS4V-BFREMOTE, and here is a link to the FCC database:

Hopefully, this information will help get this remote into the Bond Hub. Please let us know how this is progressing.

Thanks!

I have 9 Select Blinds with 3 different remotes since they are located in different area of the house. They are all the BF-305, 433.92, 5 channel remote. Each remote has the capability to control up to 5 blinds at one time. I have attempted to pair this command with the Bond Bridge on my 4 and 3 blind cluster. It works correctly about 20% of the time. The other times it might move any lesser number of blinds. This is a similar performance to a timer based single blind movement.

I have read in the forum that extending the signal output will most likely fix the poor response. I have watched the Support video on how to perform this hack, but I do not feel comfortable with is this action. I encourage this to be incorporated in an update. Hopefully very soon since this is an older issue. I would also encourage fellow users to stagger the time of their commands to gain a more consistent performance.

I’m not sure what you mean by “encourage fellow users to stagger the time of their commands”. Would you please explain this?

Thanks very much!

In the case that I have multiple Select Blinds shades, I set them to open/close at a specific time and then have those times set in 1 minute intervals (Shade1-7:00, Shade2-7:01, Shade3-7:02, …). I find my success rate is much higher (+80%) with this method. It is not a perfect solution, but it works. I am going to try a few other iterations to see if I can get the success rate to increase. If you set all of the shades to a single specific time, such as Dawn, there seems to be a signal confusion which leads to poor success rates.

The best solution is to have an update that increases the signal length to at least 1 second. This will correspond to actual remote operation instructions.

1 Like

Were you ever successful with this. The solution seems “simple” but as I just received my bridge with the latest FW (BETA) I don’t think this remote was ever added. Thanks for sharing what you ended-up doing.

@merck,

This post goes back a while. Has any progress been made to have this genuinely in the Bond? You were looking for the FCC ID and a user provided it.

I just received my Bond, expecting to control this brand of blinds but if I can’t I’ll simply have to return it.

Thanks

I’m still having problems with this remote, even though I’m using the latest Beta. Sometimes, the Roman Shades will open or close on the first try, but the next time, it takes 5 or 6 tries to get the shade to move. It’s frustrating, especially when my Bond hub works perfectly with a fireplace and ceiling fans. Often, I’ll just grab the original shade remote, rather than fight with the Bond/Alexa.

If any progress has been made, I’d love to hear about it, too!

Good news: we’ve gotten support from the transmitter manufacturer and we should have this BF-305 in our database in the next firmware release (v2.21+). That will resolve all the “reps” and “zerogap” problems discussed above.

1 Like

Wow, this is absolutely fantastic news!

Any idea of when firmware v2.21 may be released?

Thanks for making my day…

Great news Indeed. Current BETA being 2.20.5 I’m thinking we should see 2.21 any days now.

@merck

I have some hobbyist coding experience but had none with Curl so far. Still, I wanted to see if changing the “reps” and getting rid of the trailing zeros in “data” would solve the problem. Your “tutorial” seems to be using Mac OS while I’m using Windows. The major difference is in the quoting syntax. I eventually got the “reps” changed and had to struggle quite some more for the “data” as you also have to include the “encoding” method is the statement. After hours of web search, trial and errors I finally got the “data” changed as well. However, there was no improvements, the blind simply move a bit, in a similar way has if I quickly pressed the “down” button for example. Maybe some of the zeros are inserted in the middle of the long hex string and not only at the end. My knowledge of raw RF hex codes is non-existent. One thing is certain, is that it is feasible, as Select Blinds sells a Neo Smart Controller. I would still prefer using Bond as there is a plug-in available with my HA system and as a bonus Bond controls other things like ceiling fans.

All that to say that I’m thinking there’s a bit more to it but can’t figure out what. However I’m confident you can. I have until +/- July 10th to return the bridge to Amazon so in the meantime, feel free to let me know if you want me to beta test something.

Thanks.

No, I couldn’t get it to work and I’m selling my house so the issue will stay behind as i leave.

Sorry I can’t be more help - Bond needs to step up their game on this stuff.

Guys, there’s hundreds of different motors out there, made by companies who never dreamed that someone would be crazy enough to try to make them smart. There’s no documentation on any of it, and on the off chance that we get any response from the factories that make this stuff, it’s cryptic inaccurate documents that we have to translate from Chinese. We’re doing the best we can on supporting the Bofu motors. They seem to be extremely sensitive to the timing of the transmitted signals in a way we have not seen with other motors. We’ve spent weeks on it so far, but the motors are really oddly behaving.

The BF-305 remote and Bofu motors are not listed as compatible on our website. So, YMMV.

That said, we want to absolutely maximize compatibility. We’ll get a beta out as soon as it has any chance of working.

1 Like

I appreciate the transparent update! And, more importantly, your continued efforts. If there is any opportunity for BF-305 powered shades to help with testing/troubleshooting, let us know.

|

• | - |

Sorry I can’t be more help - Bond needs to step up their game on this stuff.

Guys, there’s hundreds of different motors out there, made by companies who never dreamed that someone would be crazy enough to try to make them smart. There’s no documentation on any of it, and on the off chance that we get any response from the factories that make this stuff, it’s cryptic inaccurate documents that we have to translate from Chinese. We’re doing the best we can on supporting the Bofu motors. They seem to be extremely sensitive to the timing of the transmitted signals in a way we have not seen with other motors. We’ve spent weeks on it so far, but the motors are really oddly behaving.

The BF-305 remote and Bofu motors are not listed as compatible on our website. So, YMMV.

That said, we want to absolutely maximize compatibility. We’ll get a beta out as soon as it has any chance of working.

1 Like

I completely agree with bryonbnm ----- I appreciate the update and continued efforts, and I’d also like to volunteer with testing the BF-305 remote if needed. I figured there were some challenges, else we would have heard something by now. I certainly hope you can find the solution.

Thanks, again!

1 Like

@robhouston @bryonbnm @mv1707 : Thanks for the offer of help. Actually there is something you can do. If you would PM me the Bond ID and Device Name(s) of any BF-305 or BY-305 devices you’ve already programmed. These would be “manually recorded”. And, for each one, tell me how it’s working. Does it work at all? Or only partially. – We can check the transmissions from your remotes, maybe they will shed some light on it beyond the signals we can see from the remote we have in our lab.