Lutron Pico light switches

Has anyone had any luck using a Lutron Pico light switch with Bond? Mine says 433.66 Hz when I pair it, but the kitchen lights do not turn on/off when I use the Bond Wifi.

How did you get it to work?

Were you able to get this to work? My bond acts as if it learned the remote. But, it doesn’t actually turn the device on / off

Picos use Clear Connect Type A, which is ~434 MHz FSK. Not possible to record using Bond Bridges, which only record OOK (unless you go to the API… but FSK recording is not recommended, since we do not properly distinguish between dead air and space symbols).

1 Like

What you can do with Picos—if you have a Bond Bridge Pro–is do actions on Bond-controlled devices based on keypresses on the Pico. Details: https://supportfiles-zendesk.s3.amazonaws.com/Third-Party-RF-Keypad-Compatibility.pdf

I know that’s not what you’re trying to do, which seems to be controlling a Lutron dimmer from Bond.

:scream:
Ohhh! This is spiffy.
Edit: looks like the setup basically recommends a dedicated Bridge Pro for listening, and can only realistically listen for Sidekicks -or- third party RF (Pico, in this example)?

That’s right. They are different protocols on different frequencies, and Bond Bridge Pro doesn’t have an SDR, so we have to pick which to listen to.

1 Like