FW v4.34.1-beta: HomeKit integration fix

Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago, we released firmware v4.32.7 with a new version of the HomeKit integration. This update added new features, including support for ceiling fan and light control.

The goal was to make the migration from the previous HomeKit version as smooth as possible, but we know some users ran into issues when trying to control their devices after the update.

Last week, we released firmware v4.34.1-beta, which includes fixes for those issues.

We would really appreciate your feedback. If you have installed this beta version, please let us know whether the issue is resolved for you, or if you are still seeing any problems.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Thanks! I have upgraded to the beta after having downgraded from 4.32.7. The Homekit devices did not come back online, so I had to remove the hub on homekit and manually reset the HomeKit on my BD-1000 via the following API calls:

curl -X DELETE -H "BOND-Token: " http:///v2/api/bhk

and confirming curl -H "BOND-Token: " http:///v2/api/bhk shows "paired": false and "enabled": false

Was able to add the bridge back into HomeKit with no issues and also confirmed that the devices are responding in Home Assistant.

Will monitor over the next 24 hours for stability.

After 72 hours on the beta, I have not experienced any ECONNRESET errors or any issues using either HomeKit or HomeAssistant. :+1:

1 Like

@igoraltvidal Would v4.34.1 be newer than v4.34.1-beta?

With the current version v4.37.40, all HomeKit functionality seemed to disappear. I reverted to the old version: v4.29.42. Functionality was still not working. I again updated to the current version v4.37.40. Deleted the bridge from HomeKit and attempted to re-add it. It failed. So once again, I reverted to the old version: v4.29.42. Then I was able to re-add the bridge to HomeKit. Once again, I tried to update and I succeeded. And now my fans also work. So, for new users with the new version, there is no functionality with HomeKit because you first need to install the bridge to HomeKit using an older version and then updating to the newer version. So for existing users, you may be able to use your fans and blinds. But for new users, will you will not be able to add the bridge at all to HomeKit. It does not work. So if I were to delete the bridge and re-add it I could not, without first changing to the old version.

Woah wait Mark what? I am going to stay on the beta then until more can chime in. @igoraltvidal any thoughts? V4.37.20 is working flawlessly but I’m still on beta channel.

update, not great: I eventually was able to remove and add the bridge to HomeKit using the latest version: v4.37.40.

While this mostly worked and my fans also were added. After recreating my scenes, or adding back in the blinds to the scenes, the blinds would not open or close. These scenes had two lights and one blind. A scene that opened or closed all blinds and only included blinds in the scene, worked fine. Asking Siri to open or close a single blind also worked fine. So, as long as you’re not adding bond controlled devices to scenes with other non-Bond devices, you shouldn’t have a problem.

I have reverted to v4.29.42. No more fans, but they have never worked great with Alexa (Amazon Echo) or the Bond app directly anyway. After recreating the scenes, all the scenes work correctly. When I say Siri good morning, my blind opens and my lights turn on. With the latest version installed this functionality did not work. I deleted and recreated the scenes multiple times and tested it over 24 hours. Only reverting to the old version fixed the problem. So, for the foreseeable future I will remain on v4.29.42.

.