Fan light on when fan goes on

My fan light never goes off unless the fan is completely off.
When I turn the fan back on, the light comes on a little bit.

On the app it shows fan light off, but the slider says 1% on.

If I turn fan and light off they both go off. When I turn the fan back on, the light doesn’t come on right away. It takes a few minutes and then it “energizes” and is on a little. The slider always shows 1%, even when the app says “off”.

I have updated to the latest released firmware, and control it with Alexa and I’ve also tried the remote. Same results with both.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Clarification:

a) is this a Smart by Bond fan with the remote / receiver directly set up in the Bond app?
If so, what is the make and model of this?

-or-

b) are you using a Bond Bridge which you taught a remote and it creates a device for you?
If so, do you see any Template assigned? This would have likely happened if the remote was recognized after one or two button presses, and suggested some matches to you. If you had to teach it every button from the original remote, it was likely “raw recorded” and not a Template.
If it was a Template, it shows under the Device, Advanced, the Bond app would show what was assigned. If it has one, what is it?
What is the make and model of the fan?

Comments below

| residualimages
July 6 |

• | - |

Clarification:

a) is this a Smart by Bond fan with the remote / receiver directly set up in the Bond app?
If so, what is the make and model of this?

Officially it is a Craftmade PHB60SB3 fan.
I have the official remote that came with the fan. The model is RH787T.
I control the fan/light with Alexa and also have the Bond app on my Android phone. I usually do not use the remote.
Even on the Bond app when it says the light is off (and Alexa says the fan is off), the slide is at 1% and will not let me slide it more to the left.

-or-

b) are you using a Bond Bridge which you taught a remote and it creates a device for you?
If so, do you see any Template assigned? This would have likely happened if the remote was recognized after one or two button presses, and suggested some matches to you. If you had to teach it every button from the original remote, it was likely “raw recorded” and not a Template.
If it was a Template, it shows under the Device, Advanced, the Bond app would show what was assigned. If it has one, what is it?
What is the make and model of the fan?

I am not using a Bond Bridge, just the Bond app.
On the app “enable light” and “enable dimming” are both set to allow light and dimming.
Fan firmware update is v3.5

Thank you for your reply!!

Dan

Thanks for the report of this issue with your Craftmade fan with Smart by Bond technology.

OK. Just to be completely sure, you are saying that you have the issue even when just using the remote control?

I can reach out to the product folks at Craftmade, but in terms of a resolution for you specifically, you are probably best off addressing directly with Craftmade support team or the retailer.

Thanks Chris. Yes, even when using the official remote control. Wonder now if it’s a wiring issue ?

Craftmade tells me that this indeed can happen if some of the grounding is not connected properly. Check the wiring everywhere, especially the ground and neutral wires at the receiver, wall switch, and elsewhere in the house.

If that checks out OK, then contact Craftmade customer support and ask for “Audey”.

1 Like