Comfortex TDBU Window Shades

My Bond is “sort of” controlling my Comfortex TDBU (Top Down Bottom Up) window shades, but it could certainly be better, so hopefully someone can help.

Remote control: The remote is a 16 channel 433.92MHZ remote, model BF-415. There is no indication anywhere on the remote of an FCC ID. The remote requires the user to press and hold the button for about a second in order for the proper action to trigger.

Pairing with Bond: When pairing Bond proposes all sorts of frequencies near 433.92, but rarely proposes 433.92. HOWEVER, somehow (can’t remember how), I was able to pair the top rail with a profile in Bond, and that works fairly reliably. I’m fine setting up the top and bottom rails as separate devices, since they each have their own up/down actions. On the app, for the device I’ve defined as “Top Rail”, in settings/advanced, it says the template is RMS76.

So for my questions:

1. Is this RMS76 template associated with the Bond emitting the equivalent of a long press? If so, is there some sort of way I can select this RMS76 template to pair the bottom rails as a separate device? How do I figure out what device that template is associated with?

2. The profile for the RMS76 template does not offer a preset, but my remote allows me to define a preset location to partially open the blinds. Is there a way to get a Preset action into the RMS76 template?

3. a. This one is more of a suggestion. Bond calls the buttons “open” and “close”. Of course with a TDBU, things are opposite. Normal blind: Down = close. TDBU: top rail down = open. Thus, ideally, Bond should rename the actions “UP” and “DOWN”.
    b. Short of that, is there a way I can reverse the labels?

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 Like

I’ve got the exact same issue with my TDBU shades controlled by a BF-415 remote. With the Bond hub, I can control the top rail and have automated it with an Alexa routine to close (with the open command!) at 30 minutes past sunrise. But I can’t auto-open (lower) the top rail with a routine because it will lower all the way to the bottom limit. I need support for a PRESET command, but the RMS76 template doesn’t support it. Has anyone figured out a workaround to emulate this BF-415 remote and control TDBU shades?

Thanks!

We do have basic support for Bofu TDBUs, but indeed we just have open/close/stop buttons for each rail.

We are working on a single control screen and Alexa integration where you can command it to go to a %. Should be ready at the end of March.

1 Like